Nolan n43 Trilogy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat C

Reaction score
Does anyone own one of these? I'm looking for a lighter weight flip, I currently own a KBC FFR modular.

I have the n-43 air ( I imported it from england) , same helmet but with a big opening vent system on top. It's not a flip but has removable chin bar. Pretty light-weight, comfortable, and versitle. I like it!

I bought a yellow with black stripes N43 to wear while on the Harley.

Overall I like it. It's incredibly versatile, offering multiple setups. It is lightweight (compared to my Scorpion EXO-700) and doesn't seem to be much noisier than the Scorpion. Venting is good, although my preference is to ride with the chin-guard on and the visor off, so with that huge opening lots of air gets in, which is what I wanted for riding the Harley.

In fact, I just ordered one of these for the wife to wear when we're on the Harley.

2 things I'm not fond of:

1. When the visor is on the helmet, it's either open or closed. There in no way to open it just a crack. That's one of the reasons why I'm tending toward leaving the visor off unless it's raining or cold.

2. The visor fogs up like a mo-fo. Especially when it rains and you're stuck in stop & go traffic. I tried using MotoSolutions FogTech wipes on the inside to no avail. When I ordered the wife's helmet, I also ordered us each one of the PinLock non-fogging visor inserts. Hopefully that'll fix things.

What I like about it:

1. Very versatile.

2. Huge opening allowing really good peripheral vision, wether the visor is on or off.

3. Light weight.

4. The Europeans gave it a full-face certification, so hopefully it'll perform well if needed to perform at all.

5. The visor is insanely easy to take on and off. Other manufacturers should take notes.

6. I think it looks cool, while I think the yellow-and-black will help with visibilty. Sure, it won't be AS visible as my neon-yellow EXO-700 (that can be seen from miles away), but I think it'll help.

7. Rather than a traditional nylon strap and D-ring, the closure on the N43 is a rubber strap and a clasp, which can be easily manipulated while wearing gloves.

8. The integrated sun visor is kinda cool. This is my first helmet with one of these so it's kind of a novelty at this point.

I'm going to do some minor changes to the foam right at the crown of my forehead - after a few hours, the helmet really starts to dig in there so I'm going to take out just a weeeee bit of foam to make the helmet more comfortable for me.

So, all in all, I would recommend this helmet.

Competition Accessories has them at a decent price right now and is offering free shipping.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. I'll help ya all I can.

BG

Does anyone own one of these? I'm looking for a lighter weight flip, I currently own a KBC FFR modular.
Try a Schuberth C3. (If you can get them in your part of the woods.) Very light, comfortable, good vents (maybe too good, I've had insects coming through the top one and keeping my head company), useful sun visor built in, no head smell unlike my previous Caberg.

Just weighed my medium, with all its chin anti-wind stuff, 3lb 7.5oz (1574 grams).

Pricey, but IMHO well worth it. Only downside is the visor tends to shut if you go over a bump, but with the venting, that's no biggy. Just surprises you the first couple of times.

Try a Schuberth C3. (If you can get them in your part of the woods.) Very light, comfortable, good vents (maybe too good, I've had insects coming through the top one and keeping my head company), useful sun visor built in, no head smell unlike my previous Caberg.

Just weighed my medium, with all its chin anti-wind stuff, 3lb 7.5oz (1574 grams).

Pricey, but IMHO well worth it. Only downside is the visor tends to shut if you go over a bump, but with the venting, that's no biggy. Just surprises you the first couple of times.
I looked at those, but to much my blood.