NorCal: Katrina's for Breakfast, and....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmike2

Shtirrenuppenmeister
Reaction score
I don't want to compete with the Bay Area ride, but some of us just can't do Sunday Rides and survive Mondays, so......

TIME: 0900

PLACE:

Katrina's [SIZE=8pt]The top-secret, semi-official FJR meet place)[/SIZE]

456 Grass Valley Hwy

Auburn, CA

Hwy 49, just North of I-80, past Elm St. on the right side frontage road.

ROUTE: From Katrina's, North on the frontage road to R on Palm, L on Auburn Ravine Rd which becomes Forest Hill Rd. @ I-80, cross the bridge and turn rt on Auburn-Forest Hill Rd. to 49, L. up to Cool, L to Georgetown, R. on Marshall, L on Garden Valley to 193 then Rt to Hwy 49. North through Coloma, L. on Lotus Rd to Green Valley down to R. on Salmon Falls Rd back to Hwy 49 and then L to Auburn.

We "might modify" the end of the ride...we can discuss changes and options.

The Semi-Official List:

Yes, I understand its short notice and also Easter (Spring Break, Resurrection, whatever) weekend.

Bluestreek (On the KLR...something about bald FJR tires...)

exskibum (2-up)

FJRob (2-up)

Hycle (2-up)

Last Chance

MM2

The Maybes:

RogDeb (maybe, depending on how Debs is feeling)

Broodwich (maybe, if he gets over his cold)

Thems who ain'ta gunna mekkit:

Big Dan

Ric-in-Sacs

Rsvl Feej

uberkuls will be joining us fer thuh grub.

weekend rider

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't planning on riding Saturday morning, but our other plans got canceled. Now I have the choice of two cool rides in the morning. Since I need to be somewhere in the afternoon and I love to eat breakfast, it looks like Katrina's for me and Terri.

Besides how else will I ever get to meet MM2 in person. :)

Then the following weekend someone gave me box seats for a Kings game on Friday, then one dog club meeting on Saturday the 29th and another on Sunday the 30th. Oh and I forgot to mention I have a hair apointment on Monday the 31st. :lol:

I don't want to compete with the Bay Area ride, but some of us just can't do Sunday Rides and survive Mondays, so......
You should join us for this weekend's SATURDAY ride.... :)
Y'know, the last few rides have been on Sunday and in my laziness and haste, I didn't double-check the day. All I can do is beg forgiveness. And, in my diminished state, I wouldn't want to be riding "goat trails" and potholed roads. Plus, these foothill roads aren't that far from my home should my muscles begin their complaints. (I'm not the "same old" MM2. One month ago a 1 1/2 hour ride was as long as I could be on the bike.)

You should join us for this weekend's SATURDAY ride.... :)
Y'know, the last few rides have been on Sunday and in my laziness and haste, I didn't double-check the day. All I can do is beg forgiveness. And, in my diminished state, I wouldn't want to be riding "goat trails" and potholed roads. Plus, these foothill roads aren't that far from my home should my muscles begin their complaints. (I'm not the "same old" MM2. One month ago a 1 1/2 hour ride was as long as I could be on the bike.)
That's cool, Mike. Just bustin' your chops (as usual.... :rolleyes: ). You have fun with the Hycles, who used to go riding with me... :(

MM, the next time you do one of these impromptu rides and don't let me know early then I'm going to move bikes all over the NAFO parking structure when you aren't looking just to get even.. :rolleyes:

MM, the next time you do one of these impromptu rides and don't let me know early.....
I posted this EXACTLY one day after I emailed and messaged a few others. A few days notice would be the basic definition of an impromptu group ride, wouldn't it? Sorry, Don, not much planning went into this one, and its really a fairly short ride.

Cant do, I work Saturday :glare: Thanks for the invite.
Soooo....if we get done early enough we could all come down to your work parking lot and ride around the building? Honking our horns? Hmmmm....I need to reinstall the Holeshots!

[SIZE=8pt]Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh![/SIZE]

Cant do, I work Saturday :glare: Thanks for the invite.
Soooo....if we get done early enough we could all come down to your work parking lot and ride around the building? Honking our horns? Hmmmm....I need to reinstall the Holeshots!

[SIZE=8pt]Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh![/SIZE]

Sure as long as you bring me lunch. :dribble: Im game for entertainment. Will you stand on your seat when you go by?

Sure as long as you bring me lunch. :dribble: Im game for entertainment. Will you stand on your seat when you go by?
LUNCH???? At 3:30? :unsure:

Nope, no Indian Larry-isms. :nono: Perhaps standing on the pegs? :rolleyes: We could drqw lots on WHO will be doing the "streak"!

Breakfast @ 0900. That means most of us will be on the road by 0800 to meet at Katrina's for breakfast at 0900.

Then we can ride...if we can stay awake!?!?!?!? :eek:

Addendum #1,

Brad and Christy can join you guys for breakfast but then we need to shoot on home.

See you tomorrow. :D

Hey -- I like the end of the ride the way you have it -- heading back up Salmon Falls after a Lotus diversion. Good chance Judy and I will join you all for the ride, but unlikely we'll eat breakfast witcha. (Saving unnecessary expenses and all.)