NorCal: Katrina's for Breakfast, and....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmike2

Shtirrenuppenmeister
Reaction score
:yahoo: [SIZE=12pt]What a great time!![/SIZE] :yahoo:

My first "all day" ride since the KLR incident....in the mountains with turns and curves....and with terrific company. Thanks to everyone who came to enjoy it! Uberkuls and RogDebs came and had breakfast with us.

Some pictures for your enjoyment:

The Arrival 1: FJRob, Hycle and Mrs.(Terrie) behind him, Last Chance and the RogDebs

RiverRide014.jpg

The Arrival 2: Uberkuls, Bluestreek on his KLR (Some people ride their FJRs until the tires are bald.....then ride their "other" bike. :rolleyes: )

RiverRide015.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures of the first part of the ride because I was concentrating on the roadway....and in the lead... :unsure: Here are a couple from the first "leg".

Beautiful downtown Coloma (site of Marshall's gold discovery @ Sutter's Sawmill):

RiverRide017.jpg

RiverRide018.jpg

We rode down Lotus Rd.

RiverRide019.jpg

The uberkuls, then Last Chance and the Hycles left our company when we neared Hwy 50. The intrepid foursome rode Northeast on the "Famous" Salmon Falls Rd to Pilot Hill. From there exskibum took the lead and we followed on some smallish backroads.

Here's a picture taken on Hwy 49, North of Cool. exskibum in the lead, Bluestreek on his KLR and the FJRobs.

RiverRide023.jpg

We then began our journey on the backroads between Auburn and Grass Valley.

RiverRide025.jpg

Our friend, OrangevaleFJR used to take pictures of barns. He once said, "I like old barns. I don't know why, I just do." I don't take rides without thinking of him, so, just for you Andrew:

RiverRide026.jpg

I guess I like barns, too.

I got home with some 256 miles on the odometer. A glorious day to be enjoying our FJRs (and KLRs) with good friends (old and new)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see you had a good day. Your first full one in quite a while. Very cool. Wish I could have been there.

Next time.

Nice little trip great roads to ride many options and breakfast is very good at Katrinas.

I hope to make it on the next ride, barring any unfortuate issues like I have..

Temp were in the 70's for you lucky guys that road today. :clapping:

Looked like a nice ride. Sorry I wasn't there. And congratulations for getting back in the saddle Mike! Sounds like an old Gene Autry cowboy song....PM. <>< :D

Wish I could have been there.Next time.
Old Michael:

Dammit, I'm gonna make one of these.
weekend rider:

I hope to make it on the next ride
Yep, yep and yep!

I would have liked some breakfast pictures.
No pictures of the great breakfast at the "semi-secret FJR breakfast rendezvous establishment". They are already too famous: SRO and wait-in-line outside!
Plans are already being discussed for mountain riding....to whet your appetites:

Feather River Run, lunch in Quincy

Hwy 49 North through Downieville, Bassets Grade, (lunch in Truckee?)

Open Passes (Hwy 88/Carson Pass-Markleeville for lunch-Monitor Pass, both directions-Hwy 4/Ebbetts Pass)

But I digress. This was a great Spring ride! Wish you were there.....

Michael has a gravity that sucks us all in for a good time. :D

It was great seeing everyone again and running some good roads to and from breakfast.

Other than a few directional challenges it would appear Mr. MM2 is within a few percentage points of hisolself. ;)

Other than a few directional challenges it would appear Mr. MM2 is within a few percentage points of hisolself. ;)
Yebbutt [SIZE=8pt](Okay, for those who can't read mangled-American-English: Yeah, but,)[/SIZE] I haven't run those roads for over 2 years AND the GPS didn't load. (A minor remnant glitch from my computer crash).

Glad to see you back up on the horse that threw you. Now, when can we ride together?
Jb
The FJR isn't the "horse", it was the KLR.

[SIZE=8pt]"Hmmmm", he said, "Maybe that's the REAL reason Bluestreek brought his KLR to the ride?!?!"[/SIZE] :huh:

And, yes, it IS riding season on the Left Coast, so riding together is a fact residing in the future.

Damn!!

Great job guys!! Mike glad to see the HighCal crowd is back to doing some nice group riding. I'm sorry I couldn't come down, I would have really enjoyed it.

No I would have loved it .....take a look at the delicious roads ...this is what it is all about.

RiverRide025.jpg

Thanks for sharing the fun. ...renojohn

Looks like you all had a good day :)

We'll be RIDING the next one .... next one fer shoor !!

Was good to see some old faces, and great to meet new ones.

Rog n Debs

Here is our Take on the Ride.

Roger, Deb, and Madmike ready for Breakfast!

IMG_0176.jpg

Brad and Christy (UberKul)

IMG_0178.jpg

Mike and Terri (Hycle)

IMG_0179.jpg

Steve (Bluestreak) rode his new KLR, something about too many burnouts on his FJR.

IMG_0180.jpg

This was an all Blue bike ride, we are not prejudice but it was nice that we didn’t have to wait around for any slower silver, maroon or black ones to catch up!

IMG_0184.jpg

More Blue ones!

IMG_0186.jpg

After way too much food we hit the road.

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

We took a rest stop near Placerville.

IMG_0213.jpg

Terrie calling to make sure the Kids didn’t burn down the house.

IMG_0214.jpg

Madmike 2 in action.

IMG_0221.jpg

Salmon falls Road!

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

That KLR Guy has some Mad Skills!

IMG_0241.jpg

We stopped at Pilot Hill Store; there were some beautiful bikes there! Oh and some Ducati’s too!

IMG_0250.jpg

This guy was scrubbin in a new set of skins.

IMG_0246.jpg

One of these sportbikes was so hard core that the rider had to lean it against the wall to hold it up. I don’t know if he ground off his sidestand or if he just removed it to improve his power to weight ratio!

IMG_0249.jpg

Foresthill Bridge.

IMG_0252.jpg

Taking Exskibum’s shortcut through the woods.

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

That’s it for now! Thanks to Madmike 2 for setting this up!

Robert

Great pictures, Rob. Ahhhhhh, memories!

That’s it for now! Thanks to Madmike 2 for setting this up!
Setting it up is the easy part. Its the people who come along that make the ride memorable, and we are blessed with some great folks in our area. Following Rich & Judy on "new-to-me" side roads was an extra privilege.