OEM Heated Grip Kit 07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buy warmer gloves, save $320
rolleyes.gif

OEM heated grips are cool and all and plug into the existing harness, but graler ^^^^ has the right idea.

I've installed these from KTMTwins on my Tenere. Saved many $$$ over Yamaha OEM...could have saved a few more with these!

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
I found some used OEM's for $250 here on the forum--lucky break--have loved them. They do have some advantages--they wire into the ECU and work very well. Plus--super easy to install, and you've got the spot already for the controller on the dash panel. For my climate, i probably wouldn't have regretted paying full price--i use them A LOT.

I have the oxford premium adventure grips. I chose those because they are 5.19" long - the same length as the stock grips. I noticed you are installing on an 07. Do you have a G2 tube on it? if so you should consider sending that tube to the G2 guys and see if they will knock the knurling down a bit. My G2 tube made my install an adventure. Love those heated grips - even in Texas.