OEM heated grips for the '06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the OEM heated grips for the '06 have been released yet? 2 months ago when I picked up my bike the dealer had installed '05 heated grips by mistake but was unable to hook them up because the harness was different so he left them on until the '06 grips come in. No phone call yet, however, so I am just curious if anyone else who ordered the bike had it come through with Yamaha heated grips attached. Seems to me that if the AE has heated grips as standard equipment and those bikes are being delivered they should, theoretically, be available as an add on....

Well, I haven't shelled out the $300 for the factory grips, as the weather got warm before the damn things were even available. However, have you seen this?

yeah I saw Nova's post and am pissed that I didn't go that route but the Yami grips are already paid for so I figured I might as well stick with them.

yeah I saw Nova's post and am pissed that I didn't go that route but the Yami grips are already paid for so I figured I might as well stick with them.
Hmm, I don't suppose you could ask for your $$$ back? After all, they haven't delivered them and you've had the bike for what, almost 2 months now?

I'm trying to decide if I should go Nova's way or not. The only possible reasons I might want the stock is that 1) they flush-mount the control in the fairing; Nova's solution looks kinda like a zit or wart (or other lumpy, tumerous growth), though it does the trick for a fraction of the price; and 2) You could get longer grips. It looks like the stock Yammie grips are awfully short, and I like moving my hand around on long trips.

Anyway, when you get yours, let me know what'cha think. If you get yours. Someday. ;)