OEM online?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radical

Reaction score
Where is the best place online to buy OEM parts? I'm going to start to repair the minor damage on my bike and couldn't find anything on this.

Take a look in the '06 Bin-o-Facts for University Motor contact info. Good people, good service, good price.
Look in New Owners Read This for Sunnyside Yamaha.
Ok I've done that along with a search however I've already found one place called Ridenow.com that beats the prices listed by Sunnyside(at least for what I'm looking for). OEM is OEM parts so I'm looking for the lowest priced, best service place.

Ok I've done that along with a search however I've already found one place called Ridenow.com that beats the prices listed by Sunnyside(at least for what I'm looking for). OEM is OEM parts so I'm looking for the lowest priced, best service place.
My first-hand experience with Gary at University Motors, Fargo ND, is that he offers the best prices around. He also charges only what it costs him to ship, which in your case should be pretty cheap (ND to Wisconsin). He doesn't do website ordering, but prefers email: [email protected]

You might beat his price with a lot of looking around, but his service is outstanding, and he knows FJR's.

I have heard good things about Sunnyside too, but I never dealt with them because they were a lot farther from me(West Coast).

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on University Motors... just scored the right turn signal flasher assemby, and some OEM extended mirrors to make good what got damaged in Colorado going to WFO...

For some of us, the ability to shop online and click the items you want, as you find them, qualifies as great service. It bets sitting on the phone, on hold, hoping the list has no mistakes.

RideNow is a very valid option and sponsored the EOM.

Regardless of who you buy from, I can make 2 recommendations.

1. Allow timing to send stuff back. Don't be in a big hurry to slap stuff on your bike. Yamaha packing does not protect plastic mounting tabs on things like headlights and body panels. Inspect all mounting tabs carefully on receipt, with the expectation that something is going back. I have received a broken headlight tab and a broken panel tabs. I epoxyed the panel tab back on and used it. The patch didn't work for long. Just bit the bullet and send it back.

2. Take the opportunity to buy several of every fastener available. (especially panel fasteners) Money well spent and almost free shipping, if bigger stuff is coming to.

Way cheaper than running to the dealership later. Good time to buy some crush washers also.