Oh, No!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twowheelnut

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
Links says it all. A sad day is coming.

https://www.widder.com/html/Warranty/index.htm

"I'm surprised this news took as long as it did knowing the speed of the Internet. We actually put the disclaimer on our website on December 30th. After a 37 year run, Joyce and I made the decision this past summer. We are staying open this year to cover any warranty issues and sell the remaining inventory. It was a hard decision because of the thousands of great people we have met through the years, but the main reason is we are ready to do other things now that our sons have been raised." -Pat Widder 1/7/08

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did the quote from Pat come from, an email?

I can't seem to find it on the website.

Could I repost it on the COG website?

Links says it all. A sad day is coming.
https://www.widder.com/html/Warranty/index.htm

"I'm surprised this news took as long as it did knowing the speed of the Internet. We actually put the disclaimer on our website on December 30th. After a 37 year run, Joyce and I made the decision this past summer. We are staying open this year to cover any warranty issues and sell the remaining inventory. It was a hard decision because of the thousands of great people we have met through the years, but the main reason is we are ready to do other things now that our sons have been raised." -Pat Widder 1/7/08

I say, good for him (them). Sometimes people just have to step away and take their lives back. Good on 'em.

They'll always be someone else to buy our heated gear from. But I'm betting the street prices on the Widder stuff might take a jump.

Collectible, ya know... :unsure:

I just bought one last week before I found out. I got it through the Canadian distibutor who had a booth at the Toronto bike show. No word from them about the demise of the manufacturer. I placed an order for a vest with the heated collar. I'm looking forward to a good product. Hope they can still deliver from stock.

gloves were my first widder product. luv 'em

then came the vest w/collar and arm chaps

now the leg chaps

me set big time!