Ohlins Rear Shock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian FJR

Canadian FJR
Reaction score
Last year I purchased and installed an Ohlins rear shock during one of the group buys. I have since had to remove my rear subframe and cannot remember how the support plate that the remote adjuster mounts to goes back on. Any pics would be helpful. It is a piece of flat plate that bolts accross the rear sub-frame.

Thanks in advance.

Canadian FJR

Ah ya dumb Lower Canadian, ya should always take pictures!! At your age you tend to forget things. Good luck.

Canadian,

This is the way mine is mounted, hope this helps:

1FjrShockResMount.jpg

Gen I or Gen II. Cuz mine is a gen II and different from the above picture it mounts on the left side of the bike where the old adjuster was

Mine is Gen I and the piece that I am unsure of is the cross piece of flat metal. It runs below the sub-frame just behind the air box.

FYI, my adjuster also mounts in the same location as the old "Soft/Hard" lever.

Thanks,

Dumb Lower Canadian :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
there are 3 studs that held the old adjuster onto the plate. then there are also 2 screws (bolts) that hold the plate onto the subframe. Those 2 bolts hold the ohlins bracket onto the plate and the subframe. heres some pictures. (best I could do).I hope this helps ya... good luck. look my bike has scratches worn on the side panels, 38,000 plus miles of wear and tear.... and I dont care... (haven't washed it all summer) I might have to ghay it up for EOM though.. :yahoo:

728ada62.jpg

1837f591.jpg

623d0970.jpg

dce034a4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: