Ohlin's Turnaround Time?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisW

Reaction score
I've got a big ride coming up and a shagged shock on my 05 at 27K. I finally came to terms with this reality yesterday after a 600 mile day on New England's back roads.

I'd be interested to know what folks have experienced as far as the time it took to get the shock once it was ordered.

I need to have something installed before August 8.

I've found the shock in a few places including sportbikeeffect dude's place.

There is a odd guy in my town that can get them but he mentioned that the leadtime might be greater since we're in the racing season. He was getting his Laverda ready for a show in Ohio. Cool bike.

Thank's for the info.

I've got a big ride coming up and a shagged shock on my 05 at 27K. I finally came to terms with this reality yesterday after a 600 mile day on New England's back roads.
I'd be interested to know what folks have experienced as far as the time it took to get the shock once it was ordered.

I need to have something installed before August 8.

I've found the shock in a few places including sportbikeeffect dude's place.

There is a odd guy in my town that can get them but he mentioned that the leadtime might be greater since we're in the racing season. He was getting his Laverda ready for a show in Ohio. Cool bike.

Thank's for the info.

Give Sport Bike Effects a call. He might even have one in stock.

Don't forget there's a 10% forum discount at sportbike effects. That's a hefty sum on a rear shock!

It has taken 30 days to get an Ohlins. I waited that long for mine as well. They are not normally stocked in this country and are built to spec.

I bought my Ohlins rear and asked for the 1.0 springs for the Front forks also to match. I had to wait 4weeks for them to be shipped to USA from Europe. It was worth the wait though. Great product. 46PRCS for '05FJR non ABS.

Can't help you with the wait times. However, I will say that Jeff at Sportbikeeffects.com will deliver for you. I've made a couple of big ticket purchaces and haven't had anything but good to say about him. No relation either.. :)

Rick

I love my Wilburs, and Klaus knows great customer service. If you need something quick, I'm sure he'll oblige you. Do a search for the Wilburs group buy info to get more details.