Ohlins YA707 arriving in the next few days...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zenwhipper

Reaction score
I have my shock on its way - should be here Friday. What are the recommendations for mounting the remote reservoir and the remote pre-load adjuster?

These pics happen to be from a post back in Sept 2010 - posted by Sgoat. Looks like a good way to do it. Just not sure the details.

Thanks Mates

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132432

P8220457.jpg

P8220453.jpg

Congrats on your new shock. I have had my 707 for a year now. It is such an improvement over stock and the remote adjusters are convenient. I found this write-up very helpful during my install. https://www.fjr1300.info/howto/ohlins.html

Those pics above are correct. Worked perfect for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same as A41Billy, I love my YA707!
bike.gif
Only thing is that once the back is "under control" the front forks need attention too!!

Good thing we have multiple places to go for fork work.....
punk.gif

Not much to it, one of those deals that you follow your instinct and you'll be fine. Finally got mine back from a freshening up today can't wait to get it back on.

Saw Zenwhipper at KFG yesterday when I was picking my '09 up. Front suspension valving, springs and seals only. Will probably do the rear shock this coming winter but still undecided. I ride solo so don't need the remote adjustability offered by the other models.

Very happy with the forks so far with just under 200 miles yesterday afternoon to try them out. Better feel of the road surface, rides smoothly through bumps, tip in for turns seems a little better but I think that has a much to do with the small change in chassis geometry, stabiiity in turns over bumps is better. Nothing really jumps out and screams huge improvement. The valving and spring changes just make up small changes that are seamless.

^^^^ DennisJ

Nice to have talked to you at KFG/ GP Suspension.

I am super happy with the work on the forks - I had the same done valving, springs and seals.

I rec'd my YA707on Friday and by late Saturday night had it installed on the bike.

I did a four hour shake down ride on Sunday and am very pleased with the results of the front upgrade and the Ohlins on the rear. I agree it is a subtle change - but none the less very positive. Bike is more planted, turns in perfectly, handles bumps much better. I really noticed the changes in the corners - just holds the line so well and inspires you to be a better rider. Thumbs up! And oh yah- I got the gold bling of the Ohlins remote reservior and preload adjuster showing and GP added their stickers to the forks.
punk.gif
Should get mad respect out there right?! (Actually... still debating if I will keep those GP stickers on...).

This was not an inexpensive endevour - but well worth it.

Happy riding!

I didn't sleep well Saturday night so passed on a group ride over Chinook for lunch at the Woodshed in Naches and then up the river canyon to rejoin I-90 for that not always lovely ride back to Seattle. I did go up to Monroe for a burger at Adventure and to catch up with people I haven't seen in a several months. I am really enjoying the GPS modified forks ride and turn handling. Subtle differences that add up to a more pleasant and controlled ride. I am now back to trying to decide on which shock to install this winter. Lots of choices.

Zenwhipper -

Hadn't seen those pics for some time but I can tell you this. It transformed my 09' into one of the finest handling, smooth riding bikes I've ever owned. You're gonna love it!

Got My YA707 6/14/14 Ohlins at a very good Price from a Ohlinspro.com in the Northeast U.S. and had excellent customer service and Also Love new shock ! Glad to here!

I'm 210 (wish I could avoid the groceries) 2 up only 15% maybe-

now I can See that my forks could be better

Will Be Seaching for Piston and Spring Kits or Full Monte Cartridge Spring Set-up

Glad To here !

YA707FJR_zps500fb9bb.jpg