Oil filler cover Review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pawtracks

Reaction score
I bought this item from an ebay auction (shipped from the UK)

With the exchange rate & shipping it came to $28.49 (15 GBP)

Took 10 days for delivery, paid on a Friday (really quick from the UK)

New one / Original one

100_2813.jpg

Closeup of engraving shows it is not perfect, but still looks good

Not scratches but stray engraving marks maybe?

100_2811.jpg

Another side-by-side

100_2812.jpg

On the bike

100_2814.jpg

-Fit & finish is good (except the stray close-up engraving marks)

-Doesn't come with an o-ring. I took the one off the stock cap

-Takes a 6MM allen wrench to operate

Maybe I live in the wrong (or right) part of town but I don't hear of too many stories of people placing "stuff" in my oil. More "bling" than anything for the FJR but I like it. :)

About a week ago, devilsyam made this post. Pictures he used were identical to the ebay auction I bought from. Could be more to that story, not sure myself...Mine came from the UK & the seller was not named Luke.

From the sounds of the guy I bought mine from (read his auction), these are a limited run.

Maybe if someone wanted to contact him for a group buy he would make some more?

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is mine...it requires a special wrench to remove.
Dude, you must have nasty enemies. Or you live in rough part of town. Sumpthin like that.

The engraved look is kinda neat, but I'd like it better if the outside was knurled or shaped so that it could be removed without need for a wrench. But then I don't know how many have "oil security" issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they come in chrome with black writing? Oh, nevermind me....I own a broke down harley.....just caught me off guard is all.

I had the same one bikerider shows. I tossed it. After a while it got stuck and it was a real *&$%^&!! to remove. Stock one looks great now!

Here is mine...it requires a special wrench to remove.
Dude, you must have nasty enemies. Or you live in rough part of town. Sumpthin like that.

The engraved look is kinda neat, but I'd like it better if the outside was knurled or shaped so that it could be removed without need for a wrench. But then I don't know how many have "oil security" issues.
Not too worried about the bike at my home because it is in a garage...on the road at a motel, when I owned a Harley, someone felt the need to put sand in our fuel and oil tanks...at the time we blamed it on some guys riding "rice burners" :D

Probably would never happen again but it was such a pain to clean up I am never taking the chance again.

AJ