OK new lights on Garys mirror mounts, bullet LEDs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric L

Not that kind of a doctor
Reaction score
Mounted two pairs of the hivis bullets on the reflectors - drilled holes for the wires, sanded the spot to mount them, wiped with isopropanol. They seem stuck pretty well. They are bright white, and will be decent, but not blinding markers. Each is 1 watt I think, so very little power. Mounted with their optional device that makes the lights more noticeable by twinkling.

I had run a trigger wire from my fuzebox to the on/off switch to trigger the relay for the big LEDS. I tapped into this for power for the hivis and grounded to the battery.

I pulled the gen1 mirrors off and of course realized the bolts on the mirror cant go through the mount and deep enough in the fairing to secure. Out came the trusty Dremel and I ground down the standoffs on the bike so the mirror and light mount would fit more flush. I am never putting the genII mirrors back on anyway. With everything snug, wiring behind the instrument panel to the relay is easy-peasey.

also one pic of the light strips i bought off flea bay and glued into the GIVI

i-RptXZtF-X2.jpg

i-xHqRGkZ-X2.jpg

i-Mxpgm2L-X2.jpg

i-KpKK3pL-L.jpg