Old Man's 84 GL1200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueHammer

Reaction score
Dad has a beautiful 84 GL1200. He put on his 'list' a replacement windsheild. He says he wants the JC whitney shield, but I just can't bring myself to put that crap on dad's bike. Has anyone used a cee baileys screen on their 'wings? The one for the 1200 on their site is ah, different looking. Before I plunk down the green, I thought I'd see if there were any opinions on it. I LOVE my FJR's CB +4+4 clear non-flip and would like him to have a good quality screen as well.

His current screen is a bit clouded, and gives him a bit too much back-pressure.

Any comments appreciated.

I put a Cee Bailey windshield on my '87 GL1200 earlier this year. The one with the NACA cutout in the lower portion of the windshield to reduce buffeting. The windshield is FANTASTIC, much more comfortable than the stock shield. I love it. Not sure whether they have that one available for the '84 GL1200 but I suspect they do.

Lee in the Mountains of Northern California B)

I actually replaced my OEM shield on my 84 GL1200a with one (for the bike) from Drag Specialities. I ended up liking it better than the OEM shield.