Olympia Phantom Suit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiderCoach Lar

FJRm'd and dangerous
Reaction score
Been wanting a Phantom one-piece suit by Olympia Motosports for a while now. Had decided, based on a number of comments & reviews both here and other places, that it was a good alternative to the MUCH more expensive Aerostitch Roadcrafter. Well, I bit the bullet this week and bought one (color: pewter/black) directly from Olympia because there wasn't a dealer near my home.

I just tried it out for the first time...weather was clear; temps were about 45 degrees. Now keep in mind that I bought an Airglide jacket from Olympia last year, so I had very high expectations of the Phantom before I even bought it and I can honestly say, it has EXCEEDED my expectations. The fit (with the liner) is perfect. It's incredibly comfortable. I was out for a little over an hour and mostly at highway speeds and remained nice and toasty warm with jut jeans and a t-shirt on underneath. It has plenty of pockets, good protection in the elbows, shoulders, knees and back, and has plenty of venting for warmer days. I thought getting it on and off was quick and simple.

Overall, I am VERY pleased with the purchase and would highly recommend it to anyone considering a one-piece riding suit. :good: :good: :good: :good:

Olympia discourages their dealers from discounting them, so it's rare to find one for less than the $449 price point (unless you're a certified Instructor :yahoo: ), but even at that price, I think it's a good solid value.....especially compared to the Roadcrafter.

Don't get me wrong, the Roadcrafter is an excellent suit, but at almost DOUBLE the price...... :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Been wanting a Phantom one-piece suit by Olympia Motosports for a while now. Had decided, based on a number of comments & reviews both here and other places, that it was a good alternative to the MUCH more expensive Aerostitch Roadcrafter. Well, I bit the bullet this week and bought one (color: pewter/black) directly from Olympia because there wasn't a dealer near my home.
I just tried it out for the first time...weather is clear; temps are about 45 degrees. Now keep in mind that I bought an Airglide jacket from Olympia last year, so I had some pretty high expectations of the Phantom before I even bought it and I can honestly say, it has EXCEEDED my expectations. The fit (with the liner) is perfect. It's incredibly comfortable. I was out for a little over an hour and mostly at highway speeds and remained nice and toasty warm with jut jeans and a t-shirt on underneath. It has plenty of pockets, good protection in the elbows, shoulders, knees and back, and has plenty of venting for warmer days. I thought getting it on and off was quick and simple.

Overall, I am VERY pleased with the purchase and would highly recommend it to anyone considering a one-piece riding suit. :good: :good: :good: :good:

Olympia discourages their dealers from discounting them, so it's rare to find one for less than the $449 price point (unless you're a certified Instructor :yahoo: ), but even at that price, I think it's a good solid value.....especially compared to the Roadcrafter.

Don't get me wrong, the Roadcrafter is an excellent suit, but at almost DOUBLE the price...... :blink:
I got mine last April when they first came out, i like them in the cold weather but not when it get warm here in SoCal.

overall very happy with it.

R

I've had one for almost 4 weeks now and love it. I went with the bright neon color and really feel that it helps you be seen.

My wife says that she can see from 2 miles away.

I was also suprised by how much air flow you get with the vents opened up.

... i like them in the cold weather but not when it get warm here in SoCal.
Already have that issue covered. Like I said, I also have a Airglide jacket (and matching pants) that I've comfortably worn on muggy 90+ degree days. Assuming we ever see temps like that again in the midwest :angry: , I'll likely use the Airglide in stead of the Phantom; both EXCEPTIONAL products by Olympia.

(and no, that's not a paid endorsement :glare: )

I just tried it out for the first time...weather was clear; temps were about 45 degrees. Now keep in mind that I bought an Airglide jacket from Olympia last year, so I had very high expectations of the Phantom before I even bought it and I can honestly say, it has EXCEEDED my expectations. The fit (with the liner) is perfect. It's incredibly comfortable. I was out for a little over an hour and mostly at highway speeds and remained nice and toasty warm with jut jeans and a t-shirt on underneath. It has plenty of pockets, good protection in the elbows, shoulders, knees and back, and has plenty of venting for warmer days. I thought getting it on and off was quick and simple.

Any information on your height, weight, inseam, arm length?

Curious about this suit, but have been cautious about anything not sold in tall sizes.

Shane

Any information on your height, weight, inseam, arm length?
Curious about this suit, but have been cautious about anything not sold in tall sizes.

Shane
First, check their website for the nearest dealer to you. If you don't have a dealer near you to try one on, do what I did: I emailed Olympia with all my measurements and Kevin Rhea, the owner of Olympia Motosports, replied back with a suggested size.

I'm 5' 11", 190 lbs with a 34" inseam (don't know arm length) and even though I fit a large Airglide, the extra large Phantom was the right size for me.

But does it make you feel sexy?
Only when I have nothing but silk lingerie on underneath :blushing:

This thread is useless without pics.....PM. <>< :D
I don' have a picture of myself, but here's one from Olympia Motosports. I pretty much look just like this...except I'm a little shorter........and a little heavier..........and my hair is a little more grey. Other than that, this looks just like me ^_^

Phantom_pewter_Ken.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you need to master the "top gun" poseur walk to wear that suit? Don't know if I can pull it off.

Thanks for the posts about the Phantom and Airglide. There is an Airglide in my future since I need to replace my old mesh before summer.

Do you need to master the "top gun" poseur walk to wear that suit?
There is an Airglide in my future since I need to replace my old mesh before summer.

I think the walk is optional, however, the cool shades and the "Don't even THINK about f#cking with me!" look on your face is pretty much required ;)

I think you'll be VERY pleased with the versatility and comfort of the Airglide. I sold every other riding jacket in my closet as a result of buying the Airglide (and I had quite a collection).

Do you need to master the "top gun" poseur walk to wear that suit?
There is an Airglide in my future since I need to replace my old mesh before summer.

I think the walk is optional, however, the cool shades and the "Don't even THINK about f#cking with me!" look on your face is pretty much required ;)

I think you'll be VERY pleased with the versatility and comfort of the Airglide. I sold every other riding jacket in my closet as a result of buying the Airglide (and I had quite a collection).
Olympia has a 1-piece mesh suit that's just now hitting dealers as well, the Stealth. It's based on the Phantom, but (obviously) doesn't make any attempts at being water/windproof, and doesn't include a liner.

A member over at ADVRider posted a review today, HERE. Seems very pleased with it.