Olympia Ranger 2 Overpants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
I am looking for a proper pair of overpants & I like what I see in the Olympia Ranger 2 pants w/o actually laying my hands on them. Does anyone have experience with these? I'd like to know what you think about them before I buy a pair. I am looking for information on these pants specifically & I'm not seeking info on other types.

If you have these, where did you get them & did you get them at a good price. I have seen them ranging from $180 to almost $200.

Thanks in advance, Heidi

I bought a pair of Olympia Ranger pants ( I don't know if they are Ranger 2's) early this year. They look well made. The pair I got are much too long for me so I have to hem them before I can use them. The reason I have not hemmed them and tried them out is that they are very heavy and I expect they will be much too hot even in this cold weather.

I bought mine from James Hiller on ST.N. He offers 15% discount and free shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heidi,

I know you asked for only info on that pant but I do have some insight into Olympia.

I ordered my Air Glide pants directly from Olympia b/c no store around here had them to try on. So, I needed to talk with someone about fit so I went to the source.

The Olympia are the only pants I tried on that fit me (32x34). All other brands I tried were good in waist but too short or too big in waist to get the right length.

They really helped me with the sizing questions I had and were quick to ship.

You sound sold on the Ranger pants and I liked them, too. However, I was mainly searching for hot weather pants so went the Air Glide direction. W/o the liner they are great in hot weather to give you good ventilation. Usually I wear cargo shorts underneath and leave the liner at home. But when you need warmth and waterproofing the liner is great to have. I rode in 36 degree weather this summer in Crested Butte and my lower body was warm. I rode in 40s and rain/sleet/hail going over a pass in SE Colorado and was warm and dry.

Sorry for more info than you asked for but thought you might want a warm/hot weather option.

Lee

I appreciate the input gentlemen, I do already have a pair of Airglides & I like them very much. I have found the insulated liner to not be waterproof at all, though. That is minor since I do carry dedicated rainpants in the summer... & will rarely wear the liner on those, anyhow.

Greg, you say that these pants are too heavy for winter? Really? That is my intended use. For real, they might be ok for me. I will check out your st.net linky.

grassy ass

Hi Heidi,

I have the Olympia Ranger 2 pants.

I bought them earlier this year through my local dealer who takes good care of me; I can’t remember exactly what they charged me, seems like it was around $ 165.00?

I have used them on several trips & I’m not very happy.

My first issue is that they don’t have a way to synch the boot cuffs tightly around your boots, & rain will get in.

The first trip I used them on I was sent into panic mode when I couldn’t find my key when our group went to leave a hotel. My key was found between the outer material & the waterproof liner down at my ankle after I discovered the poor stitching on the inside of the pocket I put it in.

I had them in light rain on several occasions without issue until I went to Indy for the MotoGP race, it was a hurricane but I was completely soaked after riding in five hours of rain.

I told myself that my next gear would be GORE-TEX & that I was finished with the waterproof liner stuff, but I’m too cheap & bought the Fieldsheer Cyclone suit, I have not used it in the rain yet, so I’m still happy for now.

Tom

That right there is great info, Tom. Thanks bunches. Completely waterproof is a HUGE thing with me... you know, not being a fair weather rider & all.

Heidi,

I also have the ranger2 pants. I bought them from Coleman Powersports in Falls Church, VA IIRC, I paid $189. I use them exclusively for crap weather/cold riding. My coldest ride with them was a hour and a half ride to work, it was 23* when I started the bike and didn't rise above 32* the whole way. I was wearing long johns and the liner and was comfortable, I was actually surprised I wasn't colder. As for riding in the rain, the water will eventually work its way in, this isn't a big issue to me because I usually get to work before it gets to be a problem. However, for extended time in the rain, it would be a PITA.

As previously stated, they are pretty toasty. I won't wear them if the mercury gets into the 70* range. I have not had any build quality issues with the pants at all and they fit me great. I got a size 36 so I can wear fleece or long johns in the winter without issue. I haven't crash tested them, so nothing to report to that end, and I plan to keep it that way :p

Latest posts