Online purchase from Bayside Performance, Vancouver BC

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrcanuck

Reaction score
Probably a question for the western Canadian FJR types. Has anyone dealt with Bayside Performance of Vancouver? I've got my eye on an Arai Helmet, but I'm just wondering if anybody's had online experience with them.

FJRCanuck

We haven't purchased anything from them yet, I was in their new store Tuesday and plan to order some parts for both our bikes.

They seem to have a good reputation on the bcsportbikes.com forum.

Thanks - I'm going to the Toronto Motorcycle Show next weekend, so I'll see what's available there; otherwise I'll likely get one from Bayside. One thing I noticed about the helmet from Bayside is that it's an '06; theoretically it's lost a year of it's lifespan already - which is likely why the price is so good. I thought about buying one online from the U.S. but the border adds about $125 to the price.

FJRcanuck

Thanks - I'm going to the Toronto Motorcycle Show next weekend, so I'll see what's available there; otherwise I'll likely get one from Bayside. One thing I noticed about the helmet from Bayside is that it's an '06; theoretically it's lost a year of it's lifespan already - which is likely why the price is so good. I thought about buying one online from the U.S. but the border adds about $125 to the price.FJRcanuck
Helmets have shelf life? I knew that you should replace them even after a minor impact. I am also going to the show in Toronto. What day are you going? I am headed there on saturday... (if weather permits)

Richard

Thanks - I'm going to the Toronto Motorcycle Show next weekend, so I'll see what's available there; otherwise I'll likely get one from Bayside. One thing I noticed about the helmet from Bayside is that it's an '06; theoretically it's lost a year of it's lifespan already - which is likely why the price is so good. I thought about buying one online from the U.S. but the border adds about $125 to the price.FJRcanuck
Can either of you guys do me a favour while your at the show? Find out the MSRP for the 08's. My local dealer won't quote me a price until he orders another one in (supposed to be in Jan)..

I might be going to the show at the International Center in Jan. Can't make the one at the CNE..

-Steve

Helmets have shelf life?
Yes, the foam breaks down over time.

The general rule of thumb I was taught was a helmet has a life of 5 years, or 3 years if worn on a regular bases. Wearing the helment causes the foam to warm/cool often causeing the foam to break down faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Helmets have shelf life? I knew that you should replace them even after a minor impact. I am also going to the show in Toronto. What day are you going? I am headed there on saturday... (if weather permits)
Richard

I'm planning to go on Saturday too, pretty close to the time the show opens (I'll have to check when that is). I went at opening time a couple of years ago and it was great - no crowds until after lunch. We should meet up there. As for the helmet shelf life issue, like John T said, the EPS foam breaks down over time, and won't distribute the force of a hit properly after 5 years. The Arai website says that their helmets are good for 7 years from the manufacture date, or 5 years from when you first wear it. By "weather permitting" do you mean your bike's still on the road? - better crank up those heated grips.

fjrcanuck

Last edited by a moderator:
Can either of you guys do me a favour while your at the show? Find out the MSRP for the 08's. My local dealer won't quote me a price until he orders another one in (supposed to be in Jan)..I was at the show on Saturday. The '08 FJR had a MSRP of $19000 -ouch!. That black colour looks nice, but it would be a bugger to keep clean.

fjrcanuck

I was at the show on Saturday. The '08 FJR had a MSRP of $19000 -ouch!. That black colour looks nice, but it would be a bugger to keep clean.fjrcanuck
Thanks a bunch. I guess I'll have to see what the actual selling price is going to be. I was back in at the dealer last week and they said the MSRP of the other models hadn't changed much at all, but their actual purchasing price (hence selling price) has dropped significantly. Saw the pics of the buddies 08 posted here today....

<BONER!> :D

I was just talking to Bayside about a new lid for the SO. A point they made is that they don't actually stock the hemets but get them directly from the distributer. So the helmets have not been sitting on a shelf for a long time and often were manufactured within the last 60 days.