Opinions sought on handlebar risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

Reaction score
The riding position on my '07 FJR is near perfect but not quite. I've decided to raise the bars some. I'm looking for comments on handlebar riser blocks (not the replacement triple-tree -- I can't afford it). I want to bring the bars up and back about an inch or so.

Comments and suggestions on what others are using appreciated.

Jon

I just acquired Heli risers for my '04. Put 'em on Saturday. So far so good. I do notice a difference and they were very easy to install. (I'm a bit mechanically-challenged.)

One thing I am not sure of - I'd like to get a tank bag, and between the risers and my Zumo mount, it doesn't look like I have very much room at all to put a tank bag on the . . um . . tank.

YMMV

BikerGeek99

Is there a set of block-type risers for the newer gen FJRs? I was thinking the top plate replacement was required.

@Bikergeek, I have the Heli risers on my '03, and use a Nelson Rigg CL350 bag. It's tight, and I have to keep my thumb on the kill switch in tight maneuvers to keep it from being tripped by contact with the bag. On the road, no problem. My GPS is not on the stem, though, but the clutch-side mirror hole.

Is there a set of block-type risers for the newer gen FJRs? I was thinking the top plate replacement was required.
Nope, Heli has 'em for 69 bucks:

hrt0_383.jpg

Only ones that I'm aware of, though.

""The risers are placed between the fork crown and the handlebars to raise the bars up 1 " (25mm) and back 1/2 " (12.5mm). This will help to relieve wrist and neck pain on long rides. Requires no change of any control cables, wiring, or hoses.

These risers do not fit '01-'05 model. For those that to, see SW-MOTECH handlebar risers (Yamaha FJR1300, '01-'05) - pair.""

Clicky

If you click on the related file for this item that comes up on the website, there is a picture of the risers and detailed installation instructions you can see before purchasing.

The riding position on my '07 FJR is near perfect but not quite. I've decided to raise the bars some. I'm looking for comments on handlebar riser blocks (not the replacement triple-tree -- I can't afford it). I want to bring the bars up and back about an inch or so.

Jon
I have the GenMar risers on my 07 and they work great.

Nope, Heli has 'em for 69 bucks:

hrt0_383.jpg

Only ones that I'm aware of, though.

From the Heli site:

"The optional accessory risers are designed to work only with the original HRT Triple Clamp (part # HRT076). These risers do not work with the stock triple clamp, and we do not recommend using them with our re-designed HRT Triple Clamp (part # HRT076-2) due to hydraulic line / cable limitations."

Clicky

I added Helibar risers to my '05 which raised the bars 1" and back about 1/2", and it really helped. After adjusting the bars on my '07 I decided I didn't need to add raisers, but I can definitely vouch for Helibar products. They make top quality stuff.

SR-71

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon
pm sent

The reach to the grips on my 07, with the clip-ons in the "as delivered" position, is pretty much identical to what my 05 was with Heli risers installed.

I am in a similiar situation concerning which way to go on handlebar risers. I've had experience with Heli Bar products and they do indeed make guality parts; However I would like to get by with the Gen-Mar spacers if possible. Have you installed your new Gen-Mar's

Okie

Jon