Optimate III charger

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snikr

Reaction score
I have a Optimate III charger and I've had a dead, or ALMOST dead, battery when I left the charger on (it goes into float mode). I'm wondering if it's the charger. :blink: Two springs ago I was able to get the bike going by taking the battery to a local bike shop and having them charge it (that way I knew a good charger was used). This spring I bought a new battery for my 04 FJR. After 3 1/2 years I figured it was time.

The battery was out of the FJR and in my heated basement on a old wooden table. What I'm wondering is has anyone else had this problem or is it just me? Anyones input would be helpful.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
My buddy has one and it seems to be an excellent battery maintainer, but we have yet to try it on a dead or almost dead battery.

You should be able to tell whether the charger works with a voltmeter. No matter how fancy the charger, it has to put voltage across the battery in order to charge it.

-Uwe-