Ordered my New Russell Day Long

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crumpadump

Reaction score
I'm so excited I just got my production date for the RDL!!!

Even though the date is a couple weeks away 2/11 I'm sure it'll still be too cold to ride when I get it back.

I'm so excited I just got my production date for the RDL!!!Even though the date is a couple weeks away 2/11 I'm sure it'll still be too cold to ride when I get it back.
butt, if you had heat added to the RDL, it could be warm enough...

Heated seats just make my ass sweat, and in the winter that is not a good thing. Even in sub freezing weather I have never wished I had added heat, and I do not have heated pant liners (just jacket liner and gloves). I did own a heated Corbin (for a short while) and the heat was a waste for me. YMMV

Of course, maybe it's because of the central heating system provided by the superior 1st gen power plant?
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Heated seats just make my ass sweat, and in the winter that is not a good thing. Even in sub freezing weather I have never wished I had added heat added, and I do not have heated pant liners (just jacket liner and gloves). I did own a heated Corbin (for a short while) and the heat was a waste for me. YMMV
Of course, maybe it's because of the central heating system provided by the superior 1st gen power plant?
wink.png
Geeesh Fred! Our heated seats came with an Off switch!!! We like ours, and as Fred says.... YMMV

We can't all be so lucky as to have 1st gens with central heat.

On a more serious note, I think having a heated seat is like having heated grips. They are good if it is just a tad cool out in the morning and you're wearing you summer mesh gear. Works just enough to take the chill off and then use the Oh Eff Eff switch.

But when it is really cold, you want heated gloves (grips won't do enough) and a whole bunch of insulation under your hefty riding pants to keep that butt warm.

Or not... YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big day for the OP...hopefully the seat is being created in a timely manner and will be back quickly!

...so it can sit on his bike, which sits in his garage, because all of this f^@#ing snow and ice is still covering everything!!!
cold.gif

Heated seats just make my ass sweat
wink.png
Come to the 'other side' (Gen2), we have air-conditioned seats!

Well OK, not really, but if you come to the real 'other side' (BMW) we can arrange this, no problem. Well except one, the big$ :(

Air Conditioned naturally here today btw, -5F! (again!). This winter has been long and brutal!