Ordering Front Powerlet setup for an 07AE and have a question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacofdfireman

Reaction score
They show the Powerlet kits for the 06-08 as a Left mount kit. I have the AE Model and have the heat controller for my grips on the Left side. So I am wondering can I buy a Right mount kit? Didn't realize the kits would mount different for different years but apparently they do. Any ideas, AE owners?

no, on the right side had all your battery and fuse box.

here

although you might be able to get it in top left corner of panel A there not a lot of support there to hold it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
They don't make if for right hand side mounting because you can't even jamb a toothpick under anything on the right side. That baby is FULL.

Ed

what kinds of things are your trying to accomplish?

if you trying to add power to farlkes powered by the bike try something like this

or this

i have seen others mount things like THIs under the pillion seat

They show the Powerlet kits for the 06-08 as a Left mount kit. I have the AE Model and have the heat controller for my grips on the Left side. So I am wondering can I buy a Right mount kit? Didn't realize the kits would mount different for different years but apparently they do. Any ideas, AE owners?
So where did you end up putting it? :rolleyes: Did you post pics that I missed?

I mounted the Powerlet on the frame under the seat on the left side. When I do it again on another bike, I will either mount it in a panel up front or use a pigtail at the front of the seat. It's hard for me to see to plug in under the seat (I'm a geezer) and I sometimes forget to unplug before walking away (again, I'm a geezer). Ian, Iowa

They don't make if for right hand side mounting because you can't even jamb a toothpick under anything on the right side. That baby is FULL.Ed
Ed and loki are right ....that side is more full than my belly after Thanksgiving dinner...but one forum member did

manage to wedge a cigarette style power outlet over there...see this. He said he moved one of the fuse boxes to do it.

So I guess you could order the front right unit for the pre-06' bikes and use it.

I started to follow suit...but haven't yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an 06AE and mounted 2 Powerlets on the left side of the bike that are not powered unless the bike is on and 1 Powerlet SAE powered coming up the front of the bike that I can use to power my tank bag and charge my bike when I am not riding it. Perfect setup for me.

I am a little late to this party but Powerlet makes a surface mounted socket called a PSO6. Has anyone tried that?

I am a little late to this party but Powerlet makes a surface mounted socket called a PSO6. Has anyone tried that?
I'd like to see what the back side of that socket looks like - which way do the wires exit?

There's just enough room to get a standard socket to mount just to the right of the glovebox on the thin strip of panel there- I did this on my 06 AE and it works fine. Feels like there's reasonable support - no problems plugging/unplugging my battery tender this winter. I think it took a 36" kit to route up behind the B/C panels back to the battery.