OTD Price in CA.?: 2006 1300A

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amadeus

Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first visit here. Im a huge fan of the FZ1 (owned 2) and now Im ready to move on to the FJR (I'll bet there's some FZ1OA guys 'round here).

Im looking for pricing info from anyone who's shopped/purchased the 06' 1300A here in California.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you are looking for CA pricing specifically, but I'm nit sure if price changes that much depending on the area of the US you are in. Anyway, FWIW I paid $12,500.00 for my '06 1300A about 2 weeks ago in IL.

I know you are looking for CA pricing specifically, but I'm nit sure if price changes that much depending on the area of the US you are in. Anyway, FWIW I paid $12,500.00 for my '06 1300A about 2 weeks ago in IL.

Unfortunately, CA is one of those states with price spikes (unless you buy in LA which is a yamaha receiving port). But hey, if the price is right then Im always open to a fly n' buy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Unfortunately, CA is one of those states with price spikes (unless you buy in LA which is a yamaha receiving port). But hey, if the price is right then Im always open to a fly n' buy!
Then you better check DMV's web site. I don't think you can bring a new bike/car from another state into CA unless if it has at least, I think, 5000 miles and some other conditions too...

Is this after tax + license? The best I saw in Los Angeles is $14500 out-the-door. Is this a good or acceptable price?

Hello all, this is my first visit here. Im a huge fan of the FZ1 (owned 2) and now Im ready to move on to the FJR (I'll bet there's some FZ1OA guys 'round here).Im looking for pricing info from anyone who's shopped/purchased the 06' 1300A here in California.

Thanks!
since you are too late for the PDP you are probably going to be stuck with retail - plus tax and licensing. You might find someone who is willing to drop a couple of bucks, but most were intended for designated buyers. Demand is higher than supply, so you know what that means.

First you will have to locate a bike

then find out how long it has been there and perhaps the history (they may have already collected someone's $500 PDP downpayment.

Not sure this applies to your situation but I put a post in the "for sale" forum regarding an '05

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=12124

$11,250 OTD is not too bad for a bike with about 500 miles on it, in my opinion. Would definitely get some miles riding home though, although probably not the required 5000 miles to get into CA. legally. (unless you zigzag a bit ;) )

I'd even pick you up at the airport and get you to the dealer since they are both right down the road from me.

"just findin' "

Paul

Duluth, MN

Not sure this applies to your situation but I put a post in the "for sale" forum regarding an '05
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=12124

$11,250 OTD is not too bad for a bike with about 500 miles on it, in my opinion. Would definitely get some miles riding home though, although probably not the required 5000 miles to get into CA. legally. (unless you zigzag a bit ;) )

I'd even pick you up at the airport and get you to the dealer since they are both right down the road from me.

"just findin' "

Paul

Duluth, MN

DMV is a non-issue for me at present. Dont ask me why. :p

The 05' is a good deal but Im really liking the upgrades on the 06'.

IIRC, the correct mileage for registering an out-of-state bike by a CA resident is 7500 miles (It could be 7K?)

Otherwise it MUST have the correct smog sticker. If not, DMV flags that VIN in the computer and that bike can never be brought into CA.

If you have a way around this (Perhaps a NEV business address? Or? Whatever?) then the door is open for you. For we mere mortals, CA residents please tread lightly as the servants-of-the-public who work for DMV have absolutely no sense of humor when it comes to the CARB requirements.

You might give Sierra Yamaha a call. They are a little north of Reno, just inside California on hwy 70 in a small town called Chilcoot. They are very FJR friendly and were offering some really good deals on FJR's(about a $1000 off of sticker and no assy. or freight charges)and usually had a few in their showroom. IIRC they said they would pick-up a buyer at the airport and transport them back to the dealership. They also have a store in the LA area.

Sierra Yamaha 888 530-5377 or 530 283-3059

There were rumors some time ago that oregon was getting bikes with CA certified bikes, but you have to find someone who is a resident of oregon to get one. I can't confirm it, its what I heard.

Where in California are you located, I posted a month ago that Mission Motorsports in Irvine California had 2 AE models on the floor, but I actually bought mine about a grand cheaper up in the Bay Area in San Mateo. SoCal dealers usually want top dollar except for some of the inland empire dealers, but again its only what the other riders tell me.

Hello all, this is my first visit here. Im a huge fan of the FZ1 (owned 2) and now Im ready to move on to the FJR (I'll bet there's some FZ1OA guys 'round here).Im looking for pricing info from anyone who's shopped/purchased the 06' 1300A here in California.

Thanks!
I paid 12990.99 OTD for mine. Yes, OTD, brand-new 2006 A model at Folsom Yamaha in Folsom California. I called them, and the guy quoted me this. There was some confusion if this was the OTD price, but he said they would do it. I immediately had him fax me a commitment, sent them a cc deposit over the phone, then drove 400 miles to go get the bike with Family in tow. I rode it home. Later, they called me and admitted they had meant + tax, delivery, setup, etc, but the deal was done. They were good to me. I doubt they would do this again, but you never know. I saved over 2K easy. :yahoo:

Bought 06 fjr for 12,500 otd from champion yamaha in newport beach. They even gave me $4200 for my fz6. I am happy.

Bought 06 fjr for 12,500 otd from champion yamaha in newport beach. They even gave me $4200 for my fz6. I am happy.
You got a great deal! Three months ago, i couldn't even get them to go one penny less tha full msrp plus tax/license.

You got a great deal! Three months ago, i couldn't even get them to go one penny less tha full msrp plus tax/license.

Thanks- yeah I was surprised, too. On my FZ6 a couple years ago they would not even talk. Plus california pays a slighly high price for bikes. Wife was not happy about the deal I discovered. So I paid extra when I got home. ;)