ours and yours

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howardrg

Reaction score
06fjr.jpg

Went to my local [Port Elizabeth South Africa] dealer the other day to have a look and compare my "old" 04 and the 06.

Apart from the obvious and as previously stated on these forums, the differences are.

We have two colours. Blue as above with stripes and silver.

We don't get the bag liners as standard but we do still get the "red" key immobiliser, push to pass button on the clutch and park lights. Our speedo's are still uncluttered, showing Kph and not both [Mph & Kph]

The reflectors on the bags, forks etc are still not an item on the bikes

Howard

NICE! man, i would LOVE to get a set of those stripes for my 06....

my son is in south africa right now, doing some stuff in the countryside with some folks working with children with AIDS. he can't stop talking about how beautiful the south of africa is (and he has been to several countries). he is also amazed by the spirit of the children. so far away and yet we are all so alike.

thanks for the info. if you get tired of those stripes, peel em off real careful-like. eh? B)

cheers,

shu

We also don't get the "Nelson Suffered for Your Sins" Commemorative Edition. Damn.

biopic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Canadian bikes are a mixed bag:

US style:

- US style blue-only motif

- reflectors installed front and rear

Euro style:

- kph only speedometer

- no bag liners

- immobiliser system

- unjustifiable stupidly high price.

immobiliser system
bramfrank, this is on Canadian 06s ?

Chris G......

Yamaha has also added a car-style immobiliser that works off a transponder in the ignition key. This makes the big tourer almost impossible to hotwire but you can't have spare keys cut locally – if you lose one you have to get the real thing from Japan at commensurate expense.
Link

exactly what are you insinuating ??
Nothing, just being a smartass. Though, I don't think he deserves to be as deified as he seems to be over here. Why, ya wanna fight? :p

Latest posts