Overpants Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
Overpants - Are they pants specifically sized big enough to fit over your reg gear or are they reg gear bought in a size larger than you norm wear to fit over other gear?

If they are true overpants how can you tell?

1st question?....are you going to be wearing diapers in case your cut off & s@#t yourself? :lol:

Overpants - Are they pants specifically sized big enough to fit over your reg gear or are they reg gear bought in a size larger than you norm wear to fit over other gear?
Yes.

Cuz you were your pants under them.

-The Wise Ass

Seriously, shop around. Some fit well and are sized as you would think and some don't. Too, get some with zip or snap-out liners. I recently found some really nice ones from Olympia.

Linkage.

Best pant I've ever had and anything from BVD's to jeans work well underneath.

Most will say so...as they are marketed that way. Not that you can not buy larger "just pants" and wear them over your jeans or whatever. I have a pair of Bates leather pants that when I was young and skinny, I'd wear them over a pair of wool pants in the winter. Now, being old and fat, I can still wear the leathers but can't fit anything under them other than my own flesh.

Several makers sell what they call "over pants" , sizing tends to differ anyway so your always better off if you can try some on first. If you are looking to for warmth, leave room for thicker pants, socks, longjohns, etc. If you are just looking for something to just go over your dress pants for work , a good rain pant works well here.

KM

First Gear HT overpants in my normal pants size fit easily over my normal size pants, usually khakis for work and jeans for play, even with the liner in the overpants.

First Gear HT overpants in my normal pants size fit easily over my normal size pants, usually khakis for work and jeans for play, even with the liner in the overpants.
+2 to Geezer's comment. I bought mine the same size and have been well pleased. Liner is a bit much in warmer weather, tends to snag on boots if you don't zip the legs half way up.

+1 to Geezer's comment.
If I could have only one pair of riding pants, it would be my Aerostich Darien over pants. Cut like jeans but fit over your reg jeans when ordered in your reg jean size. 100% waterproof and damn near bullet proof. Priced accordingly :p

Don't make the mistake I made- I followed my salespersons advice and bought the pants (Olympia mesh) one size bigger- but they are sized as overpants so buying one size larger than your waist ends up being really much bigger!

WOW....just the question I was going to ask. I'm looking around this spring for riding pants to wear over my jeans. Guess I'll have to check some of these out if I can find a dealer in VT/New England that'll have them in stock (a hard thing to do).

Tom

Just remember that American pants sizes are on average 2 inches less than actual waist size. Ex: Mens Dockers size 34 waist actually measure 36". Levis have an even greater delta. My tailor used a measuring tape to prove it to me. I guess we like to think we're skinnier than we really are....who could of imagined that?