Oxtar Air Tech XCR Touring Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRocket

Doctor Throckenstein !!!
Reaction score
Finally got to test the Oxtar Air Tech XCR Touring Boots. I wore them all weekend of the Hooterville 400. It rained going down for about an hour, and on Saturday the boots got soaked crossing a creek over the road. My feet never got cold or wet. The Goretex mesh evidently did it's job. It got fairly warm, but my feet never noticed. In fact I completely forgot about the boots. That's a good sign for a boot right out of the box.

I could feel the airflow through the mesh of the boots and my Techsox. Nice! The boots are armoured similar (if not exact) to the Oxtar Matrix II boot, but some of the full leather areas of the boot are replaced with some sort of heavy duty plastic mesh.

The boot is short and so am I. There seemed to be a lot of room for big calfs, but the boot only goes up about 1/2 way to your knee. I would think that would make it an easy fit. Sure makes them easy to get on and off.

These boots really didn't require any breaking in, they were comfortable (with calf socks) right out of the box. I didn't do a lot of walking in them, and there are probably better boots for that. But for strictly riding in hot weather, even when you might run through a soaker, these boots are great.

I'm really pleased with the quality, comfort and the performance. Two thumbs up for me.

airtech.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got to test the Oxtar Air Tech XCR Touring Boots. I wore them all weekend of the Hooterville 400. strictly riding in hot weather, even when you might run through a soaker, these boots are great.
I'm really pleased with the quality, comfort and the performance. Two thumbs up for me.

airtech.jpg

So........where'd you get them? I just got a pair of Oxtar Matrix boots and LOVE them but am rapidly deciding that they are too hot for summer use here in the Sunshine State.

[so........where'd you get them? I just got a pair of Oxtar Matrix boots and LOVE them but am rapidly deciding that they are too hot for summer use here in the Sunshine State.
I shop NewEnough.com before going anywhere else. Most places have nearly the same price, but NE had free shipping (usually on these boots, anyway) and their no hassle return policy and customer service is the absolute tops.

I also bought the Oxtar MatrixII boots at the same time. The Oxtars are now my maintstay in boots. One pair for cold wet and the other for hot wet. VERY nice!

Wish I would have made the decision to buy these boots from the get go. I have a pair of Techniks that are almost waterproof and a pair of vented Sidi Strada Evo "Air" boots. The Sidis are VERY narrow. I finally got the Sidis stretched out and they are pretty comfortable, but aren't quite as comfy as the Oxtars. And the surface area of the venting doesn't even come close. Probably not even 10% of the cooling area, although the air is practically injected into the Sidis and the vents work quite well.