Oxtar Air Tech XCR Touring Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRocket

Doctor Throckenstein !!!
Reaction score
Kind of a bad time of year for looking at "mesh" breathable boots. But as was already discussed elsewhere, Oxtar is changing names next year because of branding issues. New Enough is selling out all the OXTAR stock they could get their hands on. I dumped my SIDI air boots for the boots below and wore them all last season. In fact, I bought a pair of Matrix 2 boots and have hardly worn them at all. (seems we went from summer right to winter). I can't believe NE is selling them for this price. Have Santa get you a pair. I wore mine all last season and LOVED them! Pretty much 2 -3 season boots.

Get 'em while their CHEAP!

Oh yeah, I forgot. I was riding them between 42 and 104 degrees, and in the rain, and walking around, and for 22 hour days. Never gave my feet a second thought.

Pony, if they have them 1/2 size bigger, you might give them a try anyway. They don't run as small as a SIDI, but a 1/2 size bigger is probably a good idea.

Ooops, looks like all they have is 39 - 44 in Euro sizes. All the big dogs are gone. Sorry there Big Foot! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a 48, and they only have tiny feet boots on that site. Oh well, I'll wait for a bigfoot sale!

MotorcycleCloseouts.com has these for $10 less IF you wear a 41 or a 43. They're out of stock on every other size.

I was all set to order a 44 from New Enough until I noticed that there's a "revised size chart" for these boots - anyone here that usually wears a 10.5 getting away with a 44 in this model?

edit: holy jeez, under the new name for Oxtar - TCX - these same boots are going for $230

MotorcycleCloseouts.com has these for $10 less IF you wear a 41 or a 43. They're out of stock on every other size.
I was all set to order a 44 from New Enough until I noticed that there's a "revised size chart" for these boots - anyone here that usually wears a 10.5 getting away with a 44 in this model?

edit: holy jeez, under the new name for Oxtar - TCX - these same boots are going for $230

10.5/44 here. Fit is fine with heavier than dress socks. And don't remind me of the price I paid... <_<

Got mine on that sale about 3 weeks ago. 10/44 here, and I feel like dancing.... :yahoo:

I had been looking at mesh "summer" boots after riding around in Gor-tex boots all summer. I had decided that I was going to get the Oxtar Air Techs. I was going to wait until this spring but when I spotted them on Newenough I quickly ordered a pair. Unfortunately they are getting wrapped up and put under the tree so I can't touch them yet. The good part is others on this site have worn these and love them.

Come on Summer... :dribble:

I ordered a pair after getting an email from a forum member who knew I needed proper riding boots. If they fit and perform as well as described here (and in the email) I can't believe NE hasn't run out yet. Can't wait for mine to show up :) (although I can't ride for another 5 months :( )

I ordered a pair after getting an email from a forum member who knew I needed proper riding boots. If they fit and perform as well as described here (and in the email) I can't believe NE hasn't run out yet. Can't wait for mine to show up :) (although I can't ride for another 5 months :( )
Although I "can't have them yet" I did get to try them on and found them roomy through the heel. I don't know if it's just this model or if Oxtar makes all their boots this roomy in the heel. I will probably put in arch support like I did my other boots.

In case somebody is wondering what to get me for Christmas.....I take a 44 :rolleyes:

PM for shipping address. :rolleyes:

Although I "can't have them yet" I did get to try them on and found them roomy through the heel. I don't know if it's just this model or if Oxtar makes all their boots this roomy in the heel. I will probably put in arch support like I did my other boots.

Agreed. I had to install a pair of "Superfeet" brand insoles to make them fit the bottom of my foot well. Otherwise, the width was good throughout.

just saw this.

anybody else with Oxtar boots can vouch for the sizes on these being basically the same? I've got some gore-tex ones from about 4-5 years ago....

good price, looks like my size is still there.... giddyup! :)