Oxtar Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRocket

Doctor Throckenstein !!!
Reaction score
Many of you have been singing your praises of the Oxtar Matrix boot. I can now see why! Thursday past, I orderd a pair of Matrix 2 boots from New Enough. N. E. is always my first place to look for mc gear. In this case, I was able to find the boots about $7 cheaper through a different big online company. But I've had such great luck with N. E. that I went ahead and ordered from them.

Thursday. Online showed the boots would ship in 1 - 2 days. I GOT them today. In fact I'm sitting here wearing my Oxtars. I'll probably wear them the rest of the day to start breaking them in. They fit pretty well and feel pretty good already.

While I was online looking for waterproof touring boots...I was contemplating my Teknic boots, which aren't quite waterproof and my Sidi "Air" boots which are actually vented. Now my first pair of Sidi boots had to be returned to NE. They just shipped replacements pronto based on a charge/credit to my card, without waiting for the return. Sweet. No shipping for the second set back to me, either. Nice.

I got the next size up - never wore a Euro size before. Now I know 8.5 'mer'can is 9 euro which translates to 43. I'm wearing a 43 now. Evidently Oxtar finally upped all their boots about 1/2 size so that us 'mer'cans don't have so many exchanges. Ah, Matt is a happy boy. I had to stretch the shit out of the Sidi boots... the Oxtars feel just right.

Oh, I like my Sidi boots. They were comfortable for the 2 weeks that Pending and I rode to WFO and back. And on that trip, it rained just enough to feel good. I never felt a need to don the rain gear. How lucky was THAT. Not to say that I didn't get wet. Just wet enough. My feet really never got wet though. And as most of you know, your hands and feet are about all that hangs out there in the weather.

That got me thinking... my feet get hot. And sweatty. SO, what is out there as far as vented boots are concerned? Well actually, I just kind of stumbled onto the OTHER pair of Oxtar boots that I bought.

Oxtar Air Tech XCR boots:

B000OCA4ZA.01-ADF1N7W316CU4._SCLZZZZZZZ_V24851020_SS400_.jpg

These sport touring boots are just COOL! LITERALLY! They are made with a heavy mesh in non critical areas and lined with real Gortex. So they ARE waterproof. And the air just breezes through them. And the still have essentially all the protection of the Matrix boot. How COOL is THAT?

When you see me at WFO in Park City, I'll be wearing the boots pictured above. This weekend, you'll see me in my Oxtar Matrix boots!

(I should have listened to you guys a long time ago!)

Thanks for possibly putting me another $200 in the hole!!! :p

I love the matrix, but when it hits 75-80, they are kinda hot.