Oxtar/TCX Boots (?)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I have been shopping boots AGAIN
weirdsmiley.gif
!

I came across a pair of: "Oxtar Gortex Motorcycle Boots" "NEW"

Now I was of the understanding that "Oxtar" dissolved into the "TCX" line years ago. I have been Googling my Mac to death and am now more confused than ever.

I won the auction and am wondering just how bad I messed up.

Every review that I find on the boot is fantastic... Just out-dated (?)

So wondering if anyone has any info that could explain "Oxtar"

Some Pics of the forementioned boots:

T2eC16FHJIFHS-Q4hnBSeHn6wMw60_12_zps2769e46e.jpg
KGrHqMOKpgFJjrGM1g9BSeHnctllg60_12_zpsea680674.jpg
KGrHqZHJFUFJzr-uuwBSeHngGDg60_12_zpse8be0ae7.jpg
KGrHqVn0FJwydGzItBSeHnlFcZg60_12_zps7b931974.jpg

Notice the boot does not have the usual reflective back patch

Also the rubber shifting pad is just reinforced leather.

Oxtar initially flipped to TCX but held on to 2 touring boot models- Is this leftover model stored in a closet ?

Anyone know?

The reviews rated this boot excellent in very cold temps so I picked them up for another run up to Alaska (With a full Tour !!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Those boots are new? Maybe its just the pictures, but that leather looks like crap. Unless your sending them back, take them and have them polished and conditioned.

Second, don't worry about outdated reviews. If they were good then, they should be good now. The only way to be sure is to wear them and find out. There's plenty of "outdated" stuff I wish I could still get my hands on because it out performed its replacement.

Those boots are new? Maybe its just the pictures, but that leather looks like crap. Unless your sending them back, take them and have them polished and conditioned.
Second, don't worry about outdated reviews. If they were good then, they should be good now. The only way to be sure is to wear them and find out. There's plenty of "outdated" stuff I wish I could still get my hands on because it out performed its replacement.
HRZ- I had the seller add a pic of the bottom of the soles - They are indeed new.

The appearance threw me off too. It almost appears to be of suede like material... maybe just overdryed leather?

I could not find this particular boot model anywhere.

Those look like neither my old Oxtar Matrix boots, nor the TCX replacement to the Oxtar Matrix that I bought. (And will not buy again)

The rubber sole looks exactly like the old Oxtar Matrix, which is a good thing as it was much more durable than the TCX replacement.

Anything that has 'Gortex' in it is a good thing, and price goes up accordingly.

So I would say you got a decent deal, even if they do look like something a drag queen would wear.

They look like suede, although I've never seen that model...... After reading raves about the Oxtar Matrix, I bought the TCX Plus 5's which are the same thing........ I like them well enough, although at freezing temps, you want something a little bigger so you can wear two pairs of socks without being stuffed in there too tight (or heated socks). They 'feel' thin on top which is where your feet get colder if you don't keep your feet up on the pegs on the balls of your feet.

They are good boots, comfy, you could put another set of insoles in (originals are thin). Waterproof, never leak. Goretex good to wick moisture from your feet.

Well, I have a little bit to share on this one. Yes, Oxtar went out of business. I don't know exactly how the TCS-Oxtar take over went, but you won't be able to get any replacement Oxtar parts or pieces from TCS, except for maybe sliders. I have a pair of Oxtar Supermoto boots and one of the buckles broke. TCS was of no help. I hunted around and found a buckle from a different manufacturer that worked beautifully. I of a pair of the current TCS street boots and they are really nice, https://www.tcxboots.com/eng/prodotti-dettaglio.php?categoria=1