Paint Match

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RacinRay

Living The Dream
Reaction score
Let me first say, I tried to search this topic to no avail.

Does anyone have a good paint match for the metallic silver panels under the seat of a Cobalt Blue '06. I thought I saw someone post a color of automotive touch up paint that matched well. I don't see it in the bin-o-facts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that color is just a plain coarse metallic silver - same as the '03 bikes - nothing fancy. Take a ride over to a Walmart parking lot and look around at some of the recent Mazdas and Toyotas - you should find one that is a close match. Now go to the local autoparts store and get some touchup paint for that model car.... Hmmm, why do you need it anyway???? If you can spray PPG BC/CC, I can give you a spec # that I use.

Hmmm, why do you need it anyway???? If you can spray PPG BC/CC, I can give you a spec # that I use.
While re-installing my front seat I didn't realize that one of the staples on the seat cover was scratching the top edge of the side panel. Scratched it up pretty good. At least it's kind of hidden when the seat is installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can tell you from experience that the ColorRite silver blue posted on their site for the '06 does NOT match.

I ordered some (actually, Ted over at TrickWorks ordered some for me) and ColorRite took it back, no cost but shipping.

I was not able to find any formula match posted on this Forum, either.

So then I took a silver panel off and he sent it out to a paint supplier to have it matched. Can't tell you the mix, but the stripes on my blue lowers came out nice. My advice is take it to a good paint shop, my understanding is that the paint companies provide a free matching service. In the meantime, I'll e-mail Ted and see if I can get the recipe. I'll post it here or in the Bin-O-Facts IF and more likely WHEN I get a response.

Thanks FJRski. I was just hoping to get a can of touch-up paint at the auto parts store for $5. I tried today and the color was not even close.

Silver Blue paint to match the '06 is from PPG the code is DBC 903142 however I am not sure if it will match as mixed, sent a side panel to the supplier and they may have tinted the color to match the side panel.

Have you tried Color Rite Distributing? They list the paint codes for the FJR by year and color. Colorrite.com click Motorcycle.