Paint Pen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJ609Eagle

Reaction score
Well, only 1800 miles on the new 08 i decide to take it to the motor vehicle range while my girlfriend had her bike inspected. Going too slow attempting the u-turn in the box, i placed it down on the side. I say placed not dropped, because it touched the ground slowly. Not so slow that it didn't get scratched up. The mirrow and the saddle bag have a good number of marks on it. part of the lower faring also.

So i'm looking to know if Yamaha sells pain in pens, or just bottles? I just want to touch up the marks lightly. in fact the small spot on the lower faring covered nicely with a sharpie for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many of the touch up paint tubes you by at auto stores now have a brush AND a felt tip pen in them. I was pleasantly surprised to find this out after needing to do some touch ups on my '06.

I have also scraped up the right side of my 2008 FJR. Went to a local auto paint store and bought the black glossy markup pen they had on the shelf. My wife (the artist) painted it up and "presto" its better than it was.

Now if I can only figure out how to fix the saddlebag hanging bracket that broke......

Yamaha doesn't sell touch up paint anymore. Color Rite does do the paint pens & I've used their products, which is where I'd recommend you try for color you need.

Latest posts