Paint Protection Kit from Sticker City

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RT,

I don't know if this is the same set that I bought originally for my FJR, but I was unhappy with it. The material was thin and hard and needed professional installation to get decent results. YMMV.

A recommendation: More shops are doing "invisible" car bras these days. In reality, it is the same thing... just a clear film applied over the paint. I had a buddy use bulk film (uncut and comes in a roll) to costum cover the front of my bike. I paid for materials and some of his time. Total cost: $90. Just a thought. Even without a buddy in the industry, I bet you could get a reasonable deal from a reputable shop. The protection would be better (IMO), the installation perfect and the coverage exactly what you wanted. Again, just an idea.

No offense, I just never saw the point. Like a car with a bra. Ever see one that stayed on for a long time, and then was removed? Looks worse than a ding. I just ride it. If it gets a rock ding, well, it gets a ding. Same for the boot rub marks above the pegs, and the worn look on the hand grips. It's called patina.

I wash it sometimes (the bike, I mean), but I don't worry about it too much. I leave all that washing and scrubbing and polishing to the Harley chrome crowd.

And when I sell 'em, they still look pretty good. Not brand new, but well-maintained. It's funny, I bet I'll see bikes at work tomorrow with acres of gleaming chrome, and low or worn out tires, or worn out low tires. If I see the rider, I'll mention a low tire, but I keep my mouth shut about worn out tires. That's their business. And some of them Harley boys don't take kindly to advice from a Yamaha rider. :D

And if I'm on my bike, I can whip out my 12V compressor and air that squatty tire right up!