Painting/Fabricating by Garauld

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayward_Traveller

Reaction score
I just wanted to make a post letting everyone know that Gary does a great job on everything he does.

Many of us have ordered racks, tailcones etc from Gary and I have one of both.

I had another problem come up with a new bike I bought my wife. It was knocked over and the gas tank was ruptured.

The bike ended up being totaled but I wanted to fix it, I bought a used, rattlecanned tank on ebay for about 1/4 the price of a new one and had it drop-shipped to Gary.

I wish I had kept photos of what it looked like, ugly, faded yellow/tan thing with a couple of dents in it.

Anyways, sent it to Gary with no rush because I had just gone to the hospital and then I had a couple of months of sickness before surgery.

I sent Gary a small - very small piece of metal from the original gas tank and he was able to match the paint wonderfully.

I finally was able to start riding again recently, got the wife's bike out of the shop and it looks great. I also put my tailcones on finally yesterday which look awesome too.

I also should note, he called me many times to update me, was available to work with, did several test shots of paint and even sent back a sample for me to compare to the rest of the bike.

Gary you are really a great guy to work with and I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into this.

Here is some pics of what the finished bike looks like, the other damage on the fairing was a result of the fall and Gary had nothing to do with that lol, it just wasn't worth fixing on her first bike.

These are just to show how much the tank matches the rest of the bike, thanks again Gary!!

pink%20(Large).JPG

pink2%20(Large).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I was super impressed by my interactions with Gerauld and his product -- I purchased the auxiliary light mirror-mount brackets from him. I wish more manufacturers were like him, and that he made crash bars :D

I bought a backrest from pirates lair in USA and had it sent to Gary. He is making me a custom rack to fit with the backrest. Its been about 6 weeks now but I know the wait is going to be worth it. All correspondence through email to make this happen have been very pleasant.

You know how much grief I already get for having to ride that to get it registered and then to take it to the shop?

Not to mention all the grief I get from my fellow motorcycle instructors, I love my FJR, a 250 is fun to ride but not when it's pink and you are already a big guy in full black gear lol.

I didn't want to post pics, but I had to do it to be fair to Gary.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I want to know is: "Does it make your ass look big"?

:p

The match of the paint looks remarkably good (given the fact that it's PINK! )

Don

What I want to know is: "Does it make your ass look big"? :p

The match of the paint looks remarkably good (given the fact that it's PINK! )

Don

Hey it's exactly what she wanted for her first bike, and I got a great deal.

As long as she's happy, and it gets her out riding with me than I am happy.

Not trying to high-jack this thread, but does this guy have a website? I would like to find out if he is fabricating light brackets.

Buck 05 FJR

Dls.tx

Hey Buck,

I was looking for a site also, but the best thing to do is PM him like Wayward said.

I had an answer within 24 hours. Super easy to deal with.