Pairing a Q2 with a blue ant F4

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wanderlust

Reaction score
I have a Scala Q2 helmet intercom and just noticed the BlueAnt Interphone F4. Before I invest in another Q2 for my passenger helmet, I was wondering if anyone knew if these systems were proprietary, or if I buy the Blueant system if I could pair it with the Q2? I really like the blue ant system basically because the speakers are far superior and would move the Q2 to my secondary helmet. Otherwise any suggestions on better speakers for my Q2?

It's hard for me to accept that in the great wealth of knowledge that is the FJR forum, that no one has any idea. Come on people, some one must know something.

I asked the guys that make the Q2 and the newer G4 if their devices would talk with communication devices from another company. They answered with a resounding and firm "No." The manual says the G4 and Q2 will talk to each other.

My wife and I have G4's and we are very happy with the bike to bike and driver/passenger communications. The speakers are loud and clear enough to hear over earplugs. The G4 is stereo with 2 speakers compared to the mono 1 speaker Q2. We use ER6i's for tunes and can use the ER6i's and the G4 together. I don't know if I would like the speakers for music. It helps if we mute the ER6i music while we talk but this is not absolutely necessary.

Last edited by a moderator: