Park and move from cyclegadgets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish they would have shown how you get the bike off the centerstand. I suppose you would have to place your foot in front of the centerstand tang then try to push the bike forward? Would also like to see this done in a typical garage, not an empty one.

But it does look like it would work great for northern guys that need to store their bike in the winter. Been there done that. It sucks.

Attention Feejer222! :yahoo:

I wish they would have shown how you get the bike off the centerstand.
Yeah, Steve. Maybe it'd be easy with a lighter bike, but a top-heavy ST or touring bike? I believe I'd want someone on the "far side".

And where DID they find that empty garage?

Still, its a great idea if you need to move your bike around like that andit looks easier to store than some of the other devices.

Aaron (the guy in the video who owns/runs Legal Speeding) was at the International Cycle show this year, and was demonstrating this thing. The design has lockable casters, so to get it off the centerstand, you lock the caster wheels, then get it off the centerstand the same way you do now.

My thoughts were that it was an interesting concept, but I'm not sure about how difficult getting the centerstand feet directily on the dolly would be, and when taking the bike off the dolly, you then have to unlock the casters, and retrieve the dolly/put it away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Better not have any imperfections in your garage flooring that could catch the casters.
All it would take is a small rock or bit of debris on the floor to catch the wheels and you have a potential tip over.... Just something to keep in mind if your garage is as "clean" as mine usually is.

Try a 12" square piece of 1/4 plate placed on a 12" ball bearing Lazy Susan (from any local Ace or OSH) put your center stand on it and raise the bike. Then, push down on the rack, spin your bike around and you're headed the other direction! Mine works, takes a little practice, (i.e. a larger plate makes a bigger target, but can get in the way of the rear tire) but costs a 1/10 of the castering system.

My new Motorcycle Comsumer News just showed up, there's a review of the Park-n-Move on the back page. The reviewer purchased one on the spot. I wish I would have had one when I had a single-car garage and parked my Harley up in front of the car.

Looks great. I made a castoring stand a couple of years ago and found first-thing that locking the wheels is imperative. You might be able to get the bike up on the centerstand, but if the wheels are free, you sure won't get it off! I simply dropped a scrap piece of wood as a chock for the castors. Side to side going (common-sense) slow wasn't a problem and our garage floor is both rough and not swept enough.

Bob

One thing the MCN article mentions is that since the stand is 3/8" thick and raised 1/8" off the floor the platform's extra 1/2" lift means it will be harder to put the center-stand down. If you have trouble with it now you may really have trouble with the extra 1/2". They suggest you try lifting your bike with a 1/2" piece of plywood under your center-stand to simulate the Park-n-move.

Front/Rear balance may also be an issue, they found the front heavy so the tire stayed on the ground when moving, or you could press down on the back of the bike to offset the difference.

One last thing: it works with up to a 190-section tire.

I like the idea but that price is too high for my blood... i have some old casters and i think i can get somone to make me a platform that will work with it.

Some of my casters lock so that isnt a problem.. but the hight might be..Worst case cenerio is i waisted some time.. not a really big problem i guess