Park-n-Move

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLBFJR

Reaction score
I'm interested in maximizing the space in my garage (too much stuff) and saw this handy item.

The sales pitch is always better than the product.

Anyone have any experience with this product, and if you have one would you make the purchase again?

Sorry if this was the subject of a previous discussion.

https://www.legalspeeding.com/Park-n-Move.htm

Thanks,

I do have one and they are exactly as described. I don't use it much as i got a Baxley chock thingy that i use every day.

When I get a Gold Wing I will use it everyday but until then I only use if i need to park another bike in the garage.

R

There have been a few recent posts about this product, like here. I used one at the bike show last fall and found it great for moving a bike like the FJR in a crowded garage. You just need a bike with a centerstand. And it makes putting the bike UP onto the centerstand much easier as well. Very well made and durable. IMO, well worth the dough.

I'm interested in maximizing the space in my garage (too much stuff) and saw this handy item.The sales pitch is always better than the product.

Anyone have any experience with this product, and if you have one would you make the purchase again?

Sorry if this was the subject of a previous discussion.

https://www.legalspeeding.com/Park-n-Move.htm

Thanks,
Saw one of these at the motorcycle show in DC. Really makes moving the bike around really easy. I am probably going to get one myself.

When I've tried getting the bike up with the centerstand on a 2x4, it's a back killer. The technique for getting the centerstand feet located on the dolly, then lifting/pulling the bike up on the moving dolly, looks like an invitation to an embarassing tipover and another trip to the chiropractor. So can even an old guy get it up?

pete :rolleyes:

I also have one and agree, that once you've got it on the center stand, it works just like advertised. Great buy since you can use it for any bike. :clapping:

To get it on the Park-n-move I used a couple of 3/4" boards to park both the back and front tires on, then positioned the center stand in position. It was a little more difficult to get it up than normal, but once it's up there moving it is a breeze.

Once the warmer weather comes around, I'm interested to see if I find a better method. That will decide if I keep the bike on the stand between rides, or just use the park-n-move for winter storage placement. I'd say if I can find offsets equal to the height it raises it up, it shouldn't take any more force than normal. We'll see...

I have limited garage space and two bikes, so it looks interesting. But I also have some cracks of about 1/4" in places on the old concrete floor. Would I have to fix/replace the concrete pad before I could use this thing?

The thing is on four casters to let it roll. Fairly small casters, and hard too, not like pneumatic tires, so if your floor is so rough you couldn't push something around on something like a movers' dolly, you'll prob have trouble with this. If the cracks aren't too bad, but still bad enough to catch the wheels, I bet you could lay a sheet of plastic like office chairs roll around on, or even some sheet metal in the area where you want to fiddle with the bike.

As to the "getting it up on the stand" question, I tried one at the M/C show and put the guy's demo bike up on and back off the device very easily. For comparison, I did it again afterwards without the Park-n-Move and it was much easier USING it. Reason is you just give it a start and the P-n-M scoots forward, under the bike. Less lifting.

I have a Park-n-Move. I don't know if my '09AE is lower than other FJRs, but I cannot get my FJR up onto the PnM unless the bike is up on some 3/4" thick boards under the tires. Also, my FJR seems a bit 'front heavy' while on the PnM, so moving the bike around the garage takes a little effort to steer. Since my garage space is limited, moving & steering the bike around in tight quarters is not as easy as the Youtube PnM videos display.

Overall, I really like the PnM. It serves its purpose. However I'd like to have another one to put under the front wheel to make my garage space situation a bit easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a small block of 3/4" plywood to roll the front tire on. This allows the bike to go up on center stand fairly easily. Without the 3/4" block, it is very difficult to raise the bike on center stand. As you step on the center stand and straighten up, the dolly rolls under the bike.

I have limited garage space and two bikes, so it looks interesting. But I also have some cracks of about 1/4" in places on the old concrete floor. Would I have to fix/replace the concrete pad before I could use this thing?
Once it has weight on it, it is very close (approx 1/16"-1/8") to the floor. Mine (newest version) had a booger weld sticking down which needed to be grinded off as it kept grabbing the floor.

As stated above, the FJR is somewhat heavy on the front tire when on the P n M so it doesn't zip around quite as well as the video but does work ok....

I waited for the updated, one piece version......

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought 2yrs ago at the bike show, great to move the bike around the garage, make sure floor is very flat and no high spots. I have the 2 piece version but I saw a 1 piece at the bike show last month.