Part number for lock cylinder?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know the part number for the lock cylinder for a Yamaha rear trunk? I have an '05 if that matters and I bought a used trunk and mount from a fellow forumite but he kept the matching lock cylinder. The guy I bought my bike from can't seem to find the original cylinder that came with the bike so I'm stuck buying one from Mamma Yamma and finding a locksmith to get it to work on my keys. Unless someone has one they want to sell?

Thanks in advance for any help

5JW-W9451-02-00 LOCK ASSEMBLY

Fred, you can view the Yamaha Parts Catalog on line at: this site.

Once at the site:

Click on "SPORT"

Click on "PARTS AND SERVICE" (in the center of the page in the black outline)

Click on "VIEW PARTS CATALOG" (left column)

Then you simply enter the information required: "motorcycle", "year", "model".

For body parts and frame parts, any model FJR will do, for other parts (like CA Smog, etc., a specific model number would be needed. For example, "FJR13TC", the "C" designating California specific.

Once on the site, I simply scrolled down to "saddlebags" and located the lock assembly (because we know they use the same lock ass'y). Some other parts require a bit of looking through a couple of different locations until your find the part you need.

By the way, I usually cut and paste the part number and part name to the email I send to University Motors.

Last edited by a moderator:
5JW-W9451-02-00 LOCK ASSEMBLY
Fred, you can view the Yamaha Parts Catalog on line at: this site.

Once at the site:

Click on "SPORT"

Click on "PARTS AND SERVICE" (in the center of the page in the black outline)

Click on "VIEW PARTS CATALOG" (left column)

Then you simply enter the information required: "motorcycle", "year", "model".

For body parts and frame parts, any model FJR will do, for other parts (like CA Smog, etc., a specific model number would be needed. For example, "FJR13TC", the "C" designating California specific.

Once on the site, I simply scrolled down to "saddlebags" and located the lock assembly (because we know they use the same lock ass'y). Some other parts require a bit of looking through a couple of different locations until your find the part you need.

By the way, I usually cut and paste the part number and part name to the email I send to University Motors.
Thanks very much Mike. I'm sorry I put you through that exercize. I should have mentioned that I found the lock cylinder number for the saddlebags but couldn't find the trunk lock cylinder anywhere listed.

So you are confirming that the side bag locks are the identical same thing? Excellent.

Thanks very much Mike. I'm sorry I put you through that exercize. I should have mentioned that I found the lock cylinder number for the saddlebags but couldn't find the trunk lock cylinder anywhere listed.
So you are confirming that the side bag locks are the identical same thing? Excellent.
No problem, Fred. I can manipulate the site fairly quickly.

Yes, the locks are the same. When the FJRs come to the dealers they come with the 3 accessory locks in a baggie. The side cases come separately and the locks must be installed by the dealer, with the 3rd lock cylinder being set aside or given to the purchaser for installation in a factory topcase.

So yes, the locks are all the same.