Parts Interchangability question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Hunt

Reaction score
I posted a WTB right saddle bag, mirror and upper side panel in the WTB section. Question is what years would interchange with a 2006 blue??

Thanks

Steve Hunt

Last edited by a moderator:
For sure, all Gen II bikes - '06-'09.

I seem to recall the lower mounting point is different for Gen I bags, but am not positive. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

For sure, all Gen II bikes - '06-'09.I seem to recall the lower mounting point is different for Gen I bags, but am not positive. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Sounds right.

But I'm wondering where you are that you have a blue 07. :dntknw:

Just curious...

For sure, all Gen II bikes - '06-'09.I seem to recall the lower mounting point is different for Gen I bags, but am not positive. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Sounds right.

Just curious...
Yup...My '07s Black Cherry, as are all the A's.

I have been corrected...it's a 2006. One reason I'm asking you guys as I'm not that up on them yet. I traded a Aprilia Mille to a friend of a friend for this FJR on a bit of a whim.

SH

Sounds right.

Just curious...
I have been corrected...it's a 2006. One reason I'm asking you guys as I'm not that up on them yet. I traded a Aprilia Mille to a friend of a friend for this FJR on a bit of a whim.

SH
Contact garauld here on the forum. He's the FJR paint pro, and is very reasonable. He probably can repair and re-paint cheaper than you can replace.

And I bet he has 07 blue paint ready to spray... :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds right.

Just curious...

SH
Contact garauld here on the forum. He's the FJR paint pro, and is very reasonable. He probably can repair and re-paint cheaper than you can replace.

And I bet he has 07 blue paint ready to spray... :whistling:
Thanks for the contact name. It seems Yamaha sells every part of the saddle bag seperate except the lid :angry2: $500 for the whole thing...seems like a conspiricy to me.