Passanger Seat, is it good?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter

Reaction score
I have purchased a 2007 FJR, how good is the passanger seat? Can I take someone on a 3-5 hours trip?

Also, why cant I find passanger backrests for FJR? The bike is a sport-touring bike, I would think it would have available backrest.

Passenger seat comfort is extremely subjective. My g/f can easily do 3-5 hours on the passenger seat, but someone else may not be able to.

As for the backrest, yeah, it's lame that Yamaha doesn't offer one, but that's where a little creativity comes in. You can either get a topbox (Yamaha or Givi) that will also act as a backrest, or get one made by one of our more handy forum members.

Go to the 'Vendors' section of the forum and check out the stuff made my Garauld and OhioFJR.

For example:

P2260422.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand a SPORT-Touring bike not having a backrest, as some might view that as a hindrance in a get-off.

But would I sound really stupid asking why a Sport-TOURING bike doesn't come with a functional rack as standard?