Passenger comfort addons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithaba

Reaction score
Most of this has probably been covered several times, but what the hell...

I added passanger foot peg extenders, a corbin canyon (standard) seat, and the oval back backrest.

Overall, Sara says she really likes the backrest a lot more than the trunk with backrest. The yamaha trunk puts the support more in the middle/upper back area, which promotes slouching. The backrest gives much better lower back support, and can be adjusted to put her at a comfortable angle. Unfortunately, the corbin backrest and the yamaha trunk don't both fit, even if you take the backrest off the trunk. You could do it, but it ends up pushing the corbin backrest foward and creating a less than optimal seating position.

The corbin canyon (standard) seat is a little bit small, so it's a good thing she is petite. I tried sitting on the passanger seat, and my arse was not having it!!! As far as comfort, she feels it's better than the stock seat.

For legroom, the peg extneders do work well, however, her heels hitting the tail-pipes is a problem. I am going to order the passanger footrest protectors that go over the cans, for fear of melted shoe goo on my pipes. In addition, I added wild bill highway pegs. On the highway ****only on highway, never do this in town*** I can place my feet on the highway pegs, and she puts her feet on the driver's pegs. A quick bump with my heal, and she pulls her feet back right away to give me access to the shifter and rear brake. (Lets not debate the safety of this procedure, this post is about comfort).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Orangevale figured out how to use the two backrests together. Joyful said mucho comfortable!

Which peg extenders? On our Cycle-istics, they don't cause interference problems, but they make Eve's legs spread a bit more (be nice, goons!). Not bad for me, and she hasn't complained, except about her neck from having to look around my helmet.

I think Orangevale figured out how to use the two backrests together. Joyful said mucho comfortable!
Which peg extenders? On our Cycle-istics, they don't cause interference problems, but they make Eve's legs spread a bit more (be nice, goons!). Not bad for me, and she hasn't complained, except about her neck from having to look around my helmet.
They are the Meissner peg extenders. She could probably get away with not needing the protectors, but shoe goo is a real PIA to get off!

I'll look for a post about the backrests, if I can't find it I'll PM Orange. Thanks for the info.

The newer corbin backrests are larger than the older ones. I am sure of it. This is most likely the problem. Can you call corbin and see if they offer different sizes of ovals?

The other reason the corbin backrest was such an improvement is that the topcase would bump Sherri pretty hard over bumps. The corbin backrest solved this issue.