Passenger comfort

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngbuck

Reaction score
Hey everyone I was wandering if you could give me a couple of ideas on some mods I could make to my 05 FJR to help my girl be more comfortable. I already have the yamaha Trunk and back rest buy she complains about needing something better to sit her feet on.

Why do the foot pegs cause discomfort? What part of her body is uncomfortable? My wife is comfy all the time and does not use a back rest. We have a Russell seat and that is all she needs. My wife is 5' 6" to give you an idea of her inseam, relatively speaking.

All that remains is to keep her warm so she wears my Gerbing jacket and has heated gloves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look at this:

A good and comfortable solution for her feet!

https://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_5&products_id=31

FJR1300hs.jpg

I agree with Fontanaman, a new Russell seat made a big difference for the passenger comfort :)

You haven't really explained what her issue is? Hard to read her mind from here.

How bout some of Dave's (08FJR4ME) rear passenger footboards?

You haven't really explained what her issue is? Hard to read her mind from here.

+1 on these footboards. My wife also does not like footpegs and needed a more solid platform for her foot. These footboards were the first farkle I put on and she loves them. They are very well made...all you do is replace the rubber pad on the existing footpeg with these.

IMGP6199.JPG

Leather Russell seat covered with some rubbermaid shelf liner (keeps her from sliding around). She insists on having a backrest to make her feel like she isn't going off the back on each wheelie (women!) so we mount a Givi V46 trunk. She's a skinny minnie (unlike yours truly) , so we can use the cushy gel Givi back pad, but many other passengers prefer those trunks with no pad added to give more lateral breathing room between passenger and rider.

If you tell us more about her "critical dimensions" (pictures appreciated of course) we might make better guesses at what might be needed. For example: If she has an ample rack you can forgo the Russell driver's backrest for yourself. I'm always one to look for a way to save a buck.
coolsmiley02.gif

I have a Corbin with the back rest and the MCL lowering kit for the passenger pegs wifey says it helps with the knees.

The number one mod I made according to Annette is the floor boards. It allowed her to move her feet around and shift from her toes to heels. I used some thicker industrial floor matting as a cover, so that isolated the bike vibration even more. Annette is shorter, so the peg relocator / extender brackets were not really the route for us.

I also have a Sargent seat and Givi 52 - she also has this phobia of sliding off the back...

+1 on these footboards. My wife also does not like footpegs and needed a more solid platform for her foot. These footboards were the first farkle I put on and she loves them. They are very well made...all you do is replace the rubber pad on the existing footpeg with these.

IMGP6199.JPG
Where someone can buy these?Info..or a link..?

[img=[URL="https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-tLBiLmtgp2g/TnVbYjwVu5I/AAAAAAAAA6o/IvyC_XQmGWs/s826/IMGP6199.JPG%5D"]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-tLBiLmtgp2g/TnVbYjwVu5I/AAAAAAAAA6o/IvyC_XQmGWs/s826/IMGP6199.JPG][/URL]
Here

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/12495-knifemaker-passenger-floorboards/page-6?do=findComment&comment=708714

[img=[URL="https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-tLBiLmtgp2g/TnVbYjwVu5I/AAAAAAAAA6o/IvyC_XQmGWs/s826/IMGP6199.JPG%5D"]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-tLBiLmtgp2g/TnVbYjwVu5I/AAAAAAAAA6o/IvyC_XQmGWs/s826/IMGP6199.JPG][/URL]
Herehttps://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/12495-knifemaker-passenger-floorboards/page-6?do=findComment&comment=708714
Thank you Usul for the info!

Deleted duplicate post. Nothing to see here, move along...

Yup, boards, trunk, Russell w/ leather & shelf liner.
Leather Russell seat covered with some rubbermaid shelf liner (keeps her from sliding around)...

This stuff:

pDGC1-10604587enh500.jpg

075353224335.jpg

You can find it in black. Roll out ~32" and cut. Take off driver's seat and passenger seat. Wrap around the passenger seat from front to back. It may help to cut a hole in the liner for the socket under the back seat. Replace both seats. Pillion will now enjoy slip 'n skid free comfort. Anyone that has been to any NY or New England event will have seen this stuff on many leather seats. It just plain works good. Fearless Pillion discovered this stuff a couple of years ago and now it's on the verge of going viral. We usually carry end pieces and hand them out to sliders
laugh.png

I bet it would make a good liner for rolling tool box drawers too.

So does anyone know if you can combine the fancy floorboards with the passenger peg extenders?

I am not a regular rider with a pillion, but when I am fortunate enough to have a babe on the back and we are on a longer (several hundred miles) ride and on a highway with no stops I will drop my feet down to my Wild Bill highway pegs and let my pillion put her feet down on the rider's pegs. This extra room allowing her to straighten her legs for a while is a big hit with them.

So does anyone know if you can combine the fancy floorboards with the passenger peg extenders?

I am not a regular rider with a pillion, but when I am fortunate enough to have a babe on the back and we are on a longer (several hundred miles) ride and on a highway with no stops I will drop my feet down to my Wild Bill highway pegs and let my pillion put her feet down on the rider's pegs. This extra room allowing her to straighten her legs for a while is a big hit with them.
I don't see why you couldn't combine them. I know I have seen somebody else do it, and I was going to add the extenders if wifey's knees hurt. She says the floor boards are great and highly recommends them...post#94