Passenger peg extenders and aftermarket mufflers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V2win

Reaction score
The wife complained that the pegs were too close to the saddle bag so I bought a set of passenger peg extenders from M/C Larry. Now her heel rest on the muffler and gets hot. So now its either the exhaust gards from Bike Johnny (which cost a whopping 38 Pounds) or I was thinking that perhaps a pair of aftermarket mufflers might leave enough room for her foot to rest on the peg without touching the body of the mufflers. Anyone here have either Larry's of Bike Johnny's peg extenders on along with aftermarket mufflers? If so, how did it work out in this area?

Thanks,

John

Don't know about the rider much, but I don't think an aftermarket pipe will give her enough room. I use cobra pipe guards so my feet don't burn on the pipes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know about the rider much, but I don't think an aftermarket pipe will give her enough room. I use cobra pipe guards so my feet don't burn on the pipes.
John,

I have a set of passenger peg extenders on my bike that use a different footpeg other that the stock one. I have Two Bros. aftermarket exausts on my bike and this set up works great for me and my wife. I actually made these extenders for the Kawasaki ZRX 1100/ 1200 when I owned a 2001 1200. I still continue to sell these on my websight, vixfix.com

I put a set of these on my FJR and have been using them for several months. My wife loves them, and I know her foot dosen't rest on my exausts. I even sent a set of these to one of our forum bros. to test on his bike with the stock set up. I let him use them for several weeks before I called to ask how he liked them. thinking if he didn't like them, he would probably have taken them off by the time I made the call. When I called him he still had them on and said they worked very well. I have been so busy with my regular job I haven't had time to cut anymore sets but I probably will add these to my web sight in the near future.

I think the forum member I gave these to test was GA.RIDER

On the 06 FJR they have muffler guards for the passenger pegs ....they should work on the earlier years...maybe you could order a set...they look easy to work with....

Whip