Pazzo Lever knock offs and needed hand guard mod

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigFJR

Reaction score
So, put these cheap levers on for a try and liked the look and feel. Seem to be ok build wize. I know there have been threads on these so no more comment there. Had a problem though with the hand guards interfering with the levers.

Shorty brake:

0904130811b_zps4336c5db.jpg

Clutch

0904130811a_zpse7d989e4.jpg

I found though that I had to mod my hand guards to make everything work right. I cut a window in each one. Tacky? So what. Works well and no noticeable change in air flow over the hands.

Windows:

0904130812_zps763b4ce2.jpg

0904130811c_zps43d628fe.jpg

I've thought about trying those knock offs out. That may sway my decision to the negative, though. I have hand guards. I use them most all year. I don't wish to cut holes in them.

those are NOT the VStrom hand guards.....I have VStrom guards and the real Pazzo's and they work fine.

you get what you pay for...

R

Aren't those the VStrom hand guards that first came out for use on the FJR? The ones with the open ends? That isn't what I have. I have the ones that close on the end.

& Fairlaner, you are correct... well, most of the time, anyhow. In the past I've heard good reports on these levers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, they are the old version VStrom guards(not attached at the end of the bar). You get what you pay for? Um, don't think REAL Pazzos would make a difference here. Would still have a clearance issue. The new guards that "luvtoride" has are probably fine. May replace them but don't really care right now, besides, a little black duct tape and who would know?
uhoh.gif

Hmmm, in this case seems you can't blame the knock-offs for the interference. No matter which aftermarket lever was used, they would likely hit the old style hand guards...

Since I'm cheap frugal, I have a couple sets of the knock-offs from HK along with a set of real Pazzos. You definitely get what you pay for, but WTH!!

--G

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts