PC 5

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou D

Reaction score
Hi all, I just installed a PC 5 and wanted to post my experience. I ordered it from Fuelmoto and it came mapped for slip ons that my bike has. The install was straight foward. I started it up and it still had the annoying off idle hesitation. I called Fuelmoto and they immediately emailed me a little richer map that I downloaded and installed with my laptop. Not much change and it even stalled out. With the help of my son, we adjusted the throttle settings and raised the idle a little. Still the same. Finally, my son enriched some of the off idle settings on the map and the bike responded very well. He then copied his changes and applied them to the origional map that was leaner. The results: EXCELLENT!

I will check my gas mileage and report back to the forum. I`ve consistantly been getting 42-43mpg and as high as 50 mpg on the road. But in the mean time I would say that this mod is a huge success.

yep, the off throttle needs to have a number put in to get rid of the stumble. Ahchiu has a map that he created to solve the problem. You might PM him

What did you put in the off idle? I have a five with auto tune and added 2 from just above idle to about 3000 rpm, I can check and get exact numbers if interested, but wondering what your looks like?

Thanks Bob

Good stuff. My PC-5 from FuelMoto was spot on out of the box but we are bone stock (no slip-ons).

When you check you fuel mileage you can forget about using your bike's readout. The PC-V renders that useless. You will have to hand calculate your mpg now.

PC5 update:

43 mpg. This is about what I was getting before. VERY happy with the performance.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS MOD TO ANYONE WITH A 2006/07.

LD