PC III I aim to buy for my 03/ Informations please..

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mihalis fjr

Reaction score
If someone have installing a PC III in a 03/04/05 could he inform me please about the difference before and after installing..?Smoother engine?better response?...etc....?

Thanks for any reply..!!

Smoother engine, YES

Better response, YES ---- Installed just last month, real easy (thanks Warchild for the great instructions) can't believe I waited 10 years to do it :eek: Real glad I did :)

Last edited by a moderator:
When i will buy the PCIII which map you use?or you think is good for smooth ride?it have a name or a number..??

I bought mine from a Forum member and it already had the "Bone stock map" loaded. Works as advertised. There is (or was) a "Wally's smoothness map" that worked well for a lot of peeps here.

I originally looked at FuelMoto, they had great prices and will pre-load the map that is applicable to the FJR, whether it's in stock form or modified exhaust wise.

https://www.fuelmotousa.com/

Don't know if this helps you though, you're in Greece -- nice place, according to my brother :)

Try this link https://powercommander.com/powercommander/Distrubutors/Default.aspx international power commander distributers.

I bought mine from a Forum member and it already had the "Bone stock map" loaded. Works as advertised. There is (or was) a "Wally's smoothness map" that worked well for a lot of peeps here.

I originally looked at FuelMoto, they had great prices and will pre-load the map that is applicable to the FJR, whether it's in stock form or modified exhaust wise.

https://www.fuelmotousa.com/

Don't know if this helps you though, you're in Greece -- nice place, according to my brother :)

Try this link https://powercommander.com/powercommander/Distrubutors/Default.aspx international power commander distributers.
Many thanks for all!!

Really i would like to do a moto touring around the States in NA..but is very expensive trip and the economy here in Greece is not very good...Perhaps a day my dream will go to be true.....

I've been running a PCIII on my '05 since I first got it 5 years ago

This winter was an extremely mild one, so I was able to ride all winter. But, my fuel mileage was pretty poor (below 40 mpg). It has since recovered somewhat (back up to 40-42 mpg) now that we are back on the summer fuel mix, but it got me thinking that maybe I could go back to not using a PCIII and hooking back up the O2 sensor and get better mileage. So, I zeroed the PCIII's map and hooked the sensor back up and, man oh man... the bike runs like crap! I even tried raising up the CO settings a little at a time, as much a 10, which does help some, but the bike still stumbles and jerks due to the lean fueling when the O2 sensor goes closed loop. Went through a tank of fuel and can't really see much mileage difference.

I'm going to raise the tank again today and disconnect the O2, and load back in my preferred map.

Speaking of maps, I got a copy of a custom map from another '05 owner that had it created on a Dyno for him. It has worked much better (smoother) than the maps that are available from DynoJet or the Wally map. You are free to give it a try to see if it works for you too. You can download a copy here: Stock '05 FJR PCIII Map by Ryan Schnitz Tuning

:) :) :)

I've been running a PCIII on my '05 since I first got it 5 years ago

This winter was an extremely mild one, so I was able to ride all winter. But, my fuel mileage was pretty poor (below 40 mpg). It has since recovered somewhat (back up to 40-42 mpg) now that we are back on the summer fuel mix, but it got me thinking that maybe I could go back to not using a PCIII and hooking back up the O2 sensor and get better mileage. So, I zeroed the PCIII's map and hooked the sensor back up and, man oh man... the bike runs like crap! I even tried raising up the CO settings a little at a time, as much a 10, which does help some, but the bike still stumbles and jerks due to the lean fueling when the O2 sensor goes closed loop. Went through a tank of fuel and can't really see much mileage difference.

I'm going to raise the tank again today and disconnect the O2, and load back in my preferred map.

Speaking of maps, I got a copy of a custom map from another '05 owner that had it created on a Dyno for him. It has worked much better (smoother) than the maps that are available from DynoJet or the Wally map. You are free to give it a try to see if it works for you too. You can download a copy here: Stock '05 FJR PCIII Map by Ryan Schnitz Tuning
Thank you Fred W for your helpfuly reply!!When i will buy the PCIII i will try and with this map..!I am sure now from your replies,and some reviews..this thing(PCIII)is a very good accessory..!! ;)

I have been satisfied with the operation of my 2005 FJR, but this deal on a new PC III for $59.95 seemed too good to pass up. I guess I'll be looking for installation tips soon. Hard to beleve this bike can run better.
Holy carp! That is DIRT Cheap.

I paid over $200 for mine, and that was money well spent, IMO. I wish I owned more FJRs so I could buy more of these. :blink:

Wonder why they are so cheap? Probably a mistake (typo). Did you actually get one for that price?

Isn't there a version of the PCIII that has reduced capabilities to keep the environmental Nazis happy? Wonder if they are unloading these since I suspect they haven't been universally popular?

Isn't there a version of the PCIII that has reduced capabilities to keep the environmental Nazis happy? Wonder if they are unloading these since I suspect they haven't been universally popular?
That is the PCIII USB EX, which is a model number 409-411EX. This is listed as the model 409-411which is the full blown "For Off Road Use ONly" PCIII USB.

Still, something smells fishy. If a deal looks too good to be true...

Something going wrong with the 50$..!!It is not possible!

Do you know how much cost PCIII 409-411 here in Greece?..514$..!!!!!!From the only one dealer in Greece..

Have a look please in this link from the Greek dealer..He is realy Crazy..!!!It is theft..!!!

https://www.tecnomoto.gr/Product_ENG.asp?ID=1052

410 Euro!!!=514$..!!!

I email to ''fuelmotousa''and he can send me it for 260$+45$shiping=305$

Very good price..!!

The orders were all cancelled. Obviously a mistake, and the vendor wouldn't stand behind it.