PC III question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Figstr

Reaction score
I'll be picking up my new FJR in a week or two. I don't plan on doing too much to the bike in the beginning, however I do plan on using a K & N filter and eventually getting a new exhaust with a nice low, mellow tone. Would I need a PCIII on this bike or can the ECU be adjusted to compensate for these additions? I currently have a PCIII on my Warrior, but then I have a VBAK and HK pipes as well.

No need for the PCIII with those modifications.

A PCIII may optimize everything, but your FJR will run just fine without it.***

*** Assuming it ran just fine before the mods. You may want to seriously consider the PCIII as many owners, especially of Gen II FJRs (06/07) complain of fuel injection related drivability problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
*** Assuming it ran just fine before the mods. You may want to seriously consider the PCIII as many owners, especially of Gen II FJRs (06/07) complain of fuel injection related drivability problems.[/sub]
I almost didn't see the fine print. If the bike is like my 06, a PCIII, while not a necessity, makes the driveability much more user friendly.

Just installed it on my '06. I've got two bros pipes and K&N filter. I loaded it with the full muzzy system map(Closest to my needs that I could find).My first rip into the throttle was...is it slower????? I rode it to red line through the first four gears and it was pulling stronger in every gear. Wow then I ripped into first gear again and it pulled the front tire up much easier than before...Hmmm My conclusion is that it made it that much smoother and took out the jerkiness. Thats why it felt slower at first thought. Also while I was there I took of the center return spring on the throttle....That was also GRRRREAT !!!

Just installed it on my '06. I've got two bros pipes and K&N filter. I loaded it with the full muzzy system map(Closest to my needs that I could find).My first rip into the throttle was...is it slower????? I rode it to red line through the first four gears and it was pulling stronger in every gear. Wow then I ripped into first gear again and it pulled the front tire up much easier than before...Hmmm My conclusion is that it made it that much smoother and took out the jerkiness. Thats why it felt slower at first thought. Also while I was there I took of the center return spring on the throttle....That was also GRRRREAT !!!

Any idea where one might find the "full muzzy system map"? I too have a K&N and Two Brothers. I'm running one of the downloded maps from the PC site and it seems to be running too rich. Sluggish off the initial throttle twist. thanks!

Any idea where one might find the "full muzzy system map"? I too have a K&N and Two Brothers. I'm running one of the downloded maps from the PC site and it seems to be running too rich. Sluggish off the initial throttle twist. thanks!
Traxxman, If the stock PCIII 06 map seems too rich, going with a map designed for an aftermarket pipe would only make it richer, No? I am sure you can compare the two maps, to see where they are different, but usually aftermarket pipes and filters require richer settings.

I have an 03 and just assumed that I needed to remap after I installed the PCIII. I have the M409-002. If what your saying is correct the stock setting or the 001 might run leaner then huh huh huh? :rolleyes: