PC III software for Muzzy 4 into 2 into 1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justrideit

Reaction score
Anyone help me locate the software for the Power Commander when using the Muzzy 4 into 2 into 1 stainless oval sytem? It's not listed on the PC site.

I've talked to Gary McCoy this AM and he has super pricing on the Muzzy & PC.

Before I make the purchase, I just want to make sure that I can get the software. Or do I have to take my bike to a dyno shop and have them program it?

Thanks for any info you guys/gals can provide.

Sounds like you're going to have to head off to the dyno and pay about $250 to have a custom map made.

I have a PCIII on my bike along with a K&N filter and slip on's. Though there is a map on their website for this setup, I've considered even still having a custom map made at a dyno shop. I stopped by a certified PC tuning center and just asked the guy, "honestly is it worth it, even when on their website they have a map for my setup?" "Will I really notice a difference?" His response was that no two bikes are the same and that he hasn't had anyone come back yet, saying it wasn't worth it.

Is he just looking to make a quick $250 bucks? or will there really be a noticable difference? I'm actually looking for some feedback on this topic as well I guess....

Either way, in your case, since the PC site doesn't have a map for your set up, you'll either have to have someone send you one that they had made for that setup (assuing they'll play nice and share), or have one made yourself.

Good luck, I'll keep watching this thread to see what kind of feedback we get.

Anyone help me locate the software for the Power Commander when using the Muzzy 4 into 2 into 1 stainless oval sytem? It's not listed on the PC site.
I've talked to Gary McCoy this AM and he has super pricing on the Muzzy & PC.

Before I make the purchase, I just want to make sure that I can get the software. Or do I have to take my bike to a dyno shop and have them program it?

Thanks for any info you guys/gals can provide.
My guess is that the Walker full system download would be very much in the ballpark for the Muzzy system as well. You could always call Muzzy and ask about a download. They may be able to email you the map.

I have the Holeshot system on Frank, started off with Dales map. Now running the Hello, Newman map, which is a little better IMHO for Frank. When I have the dough, I plan on having a dyno session and getting a map made for him. I think it would be worth it, if nothing else to know what Frank is actually putting out. The dyno experience is pretty much worth the cost of admission all by itself........... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Holeshot system on Frank, started off with Dales map. Now running the Hello, Newman map, which is a little better IMHO for Frank. When I have the dough, I plan on having a dyno session and getting a map made for him. I think it would be worth it, if nothing else to know what Frank is actually putting out. The dyno experience is pretty much worth the cost of admission all by itself........... :D
Was there a noticeable power gain with the complete Holeshot system? Is the noise excessive? Where can the newman download be obtained?

Just installed the Muzzys 4 into 2 into 1 with the titanium can on Saturday. Installation was a cinch! Muzzys recommends the Dyno Jet power commander fuel injection re-mapping module. The PART # is 0015-00056.

Mine is on the way from Pipe City. It cost 270.00 with free shipping. With one full day of riding with the new exhaust, there is a definate power improvement. Also bought the exhaust system from Pipe City, they have a special on the exhaust and power commander when purchased together. Pipe City gave me the good deal even though I ordered the parts separate.

Just installed the Muzzys 4 into 2 into 1 with the titanium can on Saturday. Installation was a cinch! Muzzys recommends the Dyno Jet power commander fuel injection re-mapping module. The PART # is 0015-00056.Mine is on the way from Pipe City. It cost 270.00 with free shipping. With one full day of riding with the new exhaust, there is a definate power improvement. Also bought the exhaust system from Pipe City, they have a special on the exhaust and power commander when purchased together. Pipe City gave me the good deal even though I ordered the parts separate.
Please tell us more of your riding impressions. You said that you noticed more power but how is the midrange compared to stock? Any other details would be appreciated.

what i noticed most was , bags off, me solo 190 lbs. 1/2 tank of fuel, 1st. gear, 10-15 mph then gas it. Front wheel in the air, smile on face. It would'nt do that with the stock exaust. Through the gears it feels seat of the pants quicker. As far as top end goes, Jeannie starts nuging me at 130 mph and I start thinking about the stock Metz. front tire comming apart on me ( seems I saw some nasty pictures on this forum of shreded Metz. tires) so I let off. Will remap and install new Mich. Roads soon. I'll go for a solo top speed run and let you know how it goes.

I just ordered a Muzzy 4/2/1 SS oval system for my FJR '05. I wasn't aware that you needed a PCIII and can't afford one now in any case :) . Would you guys recommend not putting the M system on until I get the PCIII or will that be OK (that is not hurt anything). As you can tell I'm not a wrench. Is there anything that I should look out for in installing this system or is it pretty easy with the instructions that Muzzy provides?

Thanks for any tips/tricks/or warnings.

David - a guy who felt really good about putting the bike up on the center stand and checking his oil :yahoo:

My bike runs great without remaping, if I were you I would'nt sweat skipping that for now. On your pipe install, Muzzys does'nt provide much in the way of instructions. You will need: sockets, allens,screwdrivers, assortment of pans,funnel, clean milk jug,etc. to catch the anti-freeze. Remove left and right fairing. remove rad. hoses, remove lower rad. support bolt. At the top of rad. on each side hidden behind a mass of wires are the upper bolts that hold the rad. in place. Remove these. (#10 socket). You can pull the rad. forward and let it hang in place while you remove the header exaust flange nuts.(allen wrench). Or remove rad if you like. Remove cans. Remove Exaust. Get new exaust gaskets and put in place. Install Muzzys header pipe. Tighten all header nuts in random fashon. I used a HIGH TEMP. COPPER GASKET PRODUCT on the pipe joints. No leaks so far. Put this up in the female portion of the joints so it does'nt spuge out all over your pretty pipe. The center stand STOP goes on the left side of bike toward front of center stand. Hold those exaust gaskets up in exaust ports with a dab of NEVER-SEIZE. Keep in mind this is a rough overview of how my install went.If this sounds like GREEK to you go get some help. P.S. The top rad. bolts can be a bitch to get back in properly, through horn brackets and rubber bushings and into frame. Carefull you don't cross thread these. Hope this helps. Steve

I am getting close to buying the Muzzy, I just don't know if the PCIII is "required".

Does the O2 sensor go back in the Muzzy pipe? If not, what do you do with it? Does it require a jumper wire?

If the O2 sensor is not used, is it possible the bike could be running lean?

You say the bike is running great without the PCIII installed, i'm wondering if it could be running "great" but also be running on the lean side?

Just wondering outloud

Yes the O-2 sensor screws into the Muzzys pipe, so I dought the bike is running lean. No jumper wire needed. The bike will be remaped soon and I'll be looking for a dyno. Will there be one at WFO?