PC III USB EX vs PC III USB?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdorn

Reaction score
What's the difference between "PC III USB EX" and "PC III USB"?

Which is more recomanded to FJR 1300a 2007?

Thank you,

Hdoron

BTW, both are sold for $260 at www.morepoweracing.com

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the difference between "PC III USB EX" and "PC III USB"?
According to the DynoJet website, the "EX" is "street approved*" (*California ARB E.O. No. D-619; whatever that means), while the standard PCIII USB is "race ready". I think the EX's adjustment capabilities are limited to meet some California emissions laws.

I don't know the California laws, but I would suspect that you could use the standard PCIII USB and just load the zero map onto it (so it's running the stock settings) when it's time for an emissions check.

The EX has idle to 4k locked out and the PC III USB can be used to remap the whole range.

The emissions conscious country of CA tests the emissions at and below 4k so in order to be CARB approved that area can not be tampered with.

If I do decide to get a PC you can bet I will want to do it so I can get rid of the lean condition at low RPMs.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the difference between "PC III USB EX" and "PC III USB"?Which is more recomanded to FJR 1300a 2007?

Thank you,

Hdoron

BTW, both are sold for $260 at www.morepoweracing.com
The EX lacks adjust ability for areas that are critical to for your bike to tun well. DynoJet was forced to come out with it. I am a dealer and would not sell it due to it being, IMO, a waste of money. Many happy customers here with the regular model. BTW, as yet, no emission checks for California bikes.