PDM60

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought mine.... not installed yet but will be soon. I want to place it under the seat. Here is one link for some installation ideas :

When I do install it, I will take photos....

Isn't it a little too gadgety? I think it should be kept simple, like a PC8 with external relay you can replace.......

I'm a gadget guy and installed one as soon as I started adding accessories. Using 5 of the 6 circuits so far. Works great!

Isn't it a little too gadgety? I think it should be kept simple, like a PC8 with external relay you can replace.......
The design and fabrication seem very well done. Reviews and comments from multiple users seem to confirm that this product is a keeper. The key advantages of the PDM60 vs a PC8 for example is the fact that you can eliminate fuses. You have an issue, you reset the ignition switch on the bike and bingo the circuit is reset. I really like how simple it is to program each circuit to your needs (timer, amps, inactive). When I first held mine, I was impressed just by the weight of it (somewhat heavy - gives the impression that the construction is top notch). The real downside, cost. I could have bought one a few years ago for half the price at a motorcycle show.... oh well.

My thought is there is a huge downside if the PDM60 fails..... sometimes it is just best to keep things simple with something that has servicable parts.

If you got the money - seemed like it was a really nice piece when I was shopping for something....

For the money - IMO, the simple best small compact solution to me was the FUZEBLOCK unit....

compact enough, easy to maintain - easy to program, just slide a fuze from one spot to the other.

Plenty of nice install places for it, made a bracket and I put mine in the tail section like many others here....

I like to run one Powerlet through my fuse block so that its powered all the time, ie not switched at all. This lets me run various items without having the key on and also run my trickle charger through that Powerlet in my garage.

Does anybody know if the PDM60 is capable of being set up this way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any PDM60 output line can be configure to be always on, but rarely recommended considering the possible battery drain.
DO NOT TRY TO SEND CHARGE BACK THROUGH A PDM60.

My second year with one in the '05, mounted behind the lower right dash panel strapped to the stay. So much more peace of mind NOT having to carry extra fuses for the farkles. Love having the ability to reprogram the tripping current and triggers (running 3rd program now, 4th in the works for next season)

20150412_163933.jpg

I picked one up a month ago for my 13.

Fitted it in the right front faring behind the battery.

I like the fuselessness and the delay startup, but it comes complete with all the wires preattached which you have to cap off and tuck away. I have a GPS and will soon have my heated gear attached.

Another bummer is that you cannot charge the battery through the PDM. I went and installed rear powerlet plugs for that purpose.

Overall it is convenient but I overall if i didn't get it as an open box discount I'd probably would have gotten a standard fuse setup