peg lowering kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kromm

Reaction score
After reading the link to the follow up post I have admended this :

I was wondering if anyone has installed the XXXXXXXXX front peg lowering kit? I am 6'2", and on a longer rides (200 miles +) my knees start to bother me. I just want to know if they are worth the $$$. Right now when I get into serious cornering, the tips of my boots drag the ground before anything else. This comes from the angle of my feet on the pegs. My toes are pointed down and are well below the pegs. Also are there any other options out there to help solve my problem?

I have also seen peg lowering kits at https://www.whaccessories.comhttps://www.whaccessories.com

But they were a bit more $$$$$

Hmm I can't seem to get the link to work right The web sight is for Wild Hair Accessories

Last edited by a moderator:
I have both the Lowering pegs mentioned and the Wild Bill Travel pegs. While I do like both products sometimes I wish I didn't have the lowering peg's on as the do touch done rather easily. But for long days in the saddle the are nice to have so it is a catch twenty two!

I'll be running down to the "Maupin Romp" in two weeks and I am going to remove them and see how I do.

It is all a matter of ergo's for me. If I feel to cramped I'll put them back on and just slow down a little.

To me, riding is all about the curves, so I'd take the car rather than putting lowering pegs on a marginal bike like the FJR. What I did is install aluminum pegs (Oberon) which lowered them about 1/3", but increased clearance (but no more feelers). That little increase did the trick for me, but now I feel the vibes more. Fortunately, they're not enough to put my feet to sleep, so I'm okay with the compromise. I don't like 'highway' pegs myself, and fortunately don't need them, but I'd go that route in a heartbeat instead of lowering the pegs; that way you preserve your cornering clearance while being able to stretch your legs. By the way, I just stand on the pegs every once in a while, and am fine. Good luck with your choice.

JC

I want to thank everyone for all the info.. :clapping:

I have a Corbin seat ordered and it should be here soon. I had them raise the seat level 2 inches. Since they make there seat lower than stock, I am waiting to see if this makes a difference. And since Hollister is not far from here, I may see if I can have them adjust it some more. HMMMM Just another reason to take her out on the road :thumbsupsmileyanim: