Pentax Optio W80

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duster19

Reaction score
First off, I always have to borrow the wife's camera when I go on ride/trips and was in the market for my own camera/video player. I ran across this particular Pentax that is waterproof/dust proof and shock proof. All good things for a motorcycle. :D I was planning on mounting via Ram Mounts for on the go HD video and use as a snapshot camera as well. I've also found it for $197 and if it can came even close to the GoPro's quality, then I think it would be a pretty nice purchase.

Does anyone have any similiar camera/video equipment experience? Or would one just be better off getting something like the Hero GoPro?

Thanks,

Dave

Link to camera

https://www.pentaximaging.com/digital-camer...-_Cardinal_Red/

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, I always have to borrow the wife's camera when I go on ride/trips and was in the market for my own camer/video player. I ran across this particular Pentax that is waterproof/dust proof and shock proof. All good things for a motorcycle. :D I was planning on mounting via Ram Mounts for on the go HD video and use as a snapshot camera as well. I've also found it for $197 and if it can came even close to the GoPro's quality, then I think it would be a pretty nice purchase.
Does anyone have any similiar camera/video equipment experience? Or would one just be better off getting something like the Hero GoPro?

Thanks,

Dave

Link to camera

https://www.pentaximaging.com/digital-camer...-_Cardinal_Red/
Yes, I too have been reading up on this one and a competing camera from Casio. I think the Casio one is a little better.

Exilm G

Casio’s EX-G1

I have a Pentax DSLR and a Pentax MX (35mm SLR film) cameras. I am pleased with both. I can't speak for their snapshot pocket cameras but they have a long history of good optics. It's always easier for an optical company to do good electronics than the other way around.

I had a weather-resistant Pentax 35mm, it was a great camera. Took good pictures for a point and shoot.