Perelli Cosrsa III

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feejer/Weejer man

Reaction score
I ordered a Pirelli corsa III rear and got a front for the $25 in shipping. Total for both $175 and that includes tax etc. mounting and balancing. Supposed to be triple compound but I am in the middle of a set of Avons and if it wasn't for the free front for shipping costs I would have ordered a new set of Avons. So it might be a few more months before they get mounted.

Proceed w/ caution if you intend to mount these on your FJR...they may not have sufficient sidewall strength/stability for such a heavy bike.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told they were for the FJR and would suffice, but maybe I had better check again. If not I have a friend up the street who would put them on his R1.

Supposedly the second-generation Corsa's are purpose built for the heavier sport-touring bikes. First-gen were glorified sportbike tires that flexed badly. Mikey, do your homework and make sure you have the correct model.

Pirelli's website (after you maneuver through their weak ass website) recommends the Diablo Strada for the FJR. While I have run a sportbike tire on my FJR (currently have a Battleaxe BT014 on it) I don't recommend it. Now I'm not saying your bike is going to slide out of control, or that its gonna explode after you drop the bike of the center stand, but its not something I would do if I had a choice.

The only reason I'm doing this is because I was between a rock and a hard place 800 miles from home with a rear that was getting ready to show air. The tire is probably going to be coming off this weekend.

If your buddy doesn’t need them, or want them, let me know. I've got a CBR954 that I could use them on. That's actually where my slightly used BT014 rear is going when I wear out the rear that's currently on the bike.

After extensive thread reading on different sites, I just ordered a pair of the e-type Strada's for the FJR. I'll wear those out and later compare them to Avon's new Storms. But I also order a set of the Corsa III - not for the FJR but for my K1200S. Someone that I trust compared the corsa III with the original pilot powers and the Pirellis blew them away...

We'll see!

After extensive thread reading on different sites, I just ordered a pair of the e-type Strada's for the FJR. I'll wear those out and later compare them to Avon's new Storms. But I also order a set of the Corsa III - not for the FJR but for my K1200S. Someone that I trust compared the corsa III with the original pilot powers and the Pirellis blew them away...
We'll see!
How did the Pirelli Diablo Strada E-Spec (rear) tires work out on your FJR? Were you able to compare with the Storms?